8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2017 10:04 PM by sankaranarayanan1992

Solidcore Backup Files Failure

avilt

I am trying to take bare metal backup and almost all the files related to Solidcore application fails. My backup software is unable to reset the archive bit. On the client side I am getting the error as shown in the attached file.

Is there any way so that I can backup the entire system including SC files?

Solidcore-Error-1.png

• 1. Re: Solidcore Backup Files Failure
          Haaris Faizan

As the files are solidified so it is preventing you to modify it.You have t o skip it,if you want to modify it

Use command sadmin skiplist add -d \name of the folder containing file on the client machine where getting error..

If you want to add that file/folder again in solidified list use   sadmin skiplist remove \name of the folder containing file

I think it will work.Just try it out..

• 2. Re: Solidcore Backup Files Failure
            avilt

I have solidified the entire system but I am getting the error only for Solidcore files not for other files.

Does SC prevent archive bit reset for all the solidified files?

• 3. Re: Solidcore Backup Files Failure

avilt,

The product protects its own folders and files from any kind of modifications.

Hence the errors.

You would need to make the backup process an updater. You should see that option in your Policy Discovery page.

Haaris,

skiplist is advised  to be used as a last resort when none of the trust polices options can be used.

Its recommended to be used for troubleshooting.

In this case, making this process a trusted updater should be sufficient.

• 4. Re: Solidcore Backup Files Failure
                avilt

You are right, but still my backup software is unable to reset the archive bit on the following file. Rest of the issues are resolved.

TRV - error clearing archive bit: C:\Program Files\McAfee\Solidcore\passwd (WIN32 5: Access is denied. )

• 5. Re: Solidcore Backup Files Failure
                  avilt

I have added the backup executable file as updaters but still I am getting the error for the following files. I have added the netbackup executable bpbkar32.exe as updater by name.

TRV - error clearing archive bit: C:\Solidcore\command_spec.cnf (WIN32 5: Access is denied. )

TRV - error clearing archive bit: C:\Solidcore\_ernel32.dll (WIN32 5: Access is denied. )

TRV - error clearing archive bit: C:\Solidcore\_tdll.dll (WIN32 5: Access is denied. )

• 6. Re: Solidcore Backup Files Failure

avilt,

Is there a way to exclude these files from backup?

Also can you file a support request for these to be looked at?

Thanks,

• 7. Re: Solidcore Backup Files Failure
                      avilt

I can exclude SC files from the backup but as a Bare Metal Recover, I should include all files. How can I recover the system to a working state if I miss SC files?

• 8. Re: Solidcore Backup Files Failure
                        sankaranarayanan1992

Hi neelima ,

we are facing the same event while keeping the agent under observe mode , could you please suggest do we require to skip list the veritas backup completely .

Regards

Sankarn