4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2015 2:12 AM by chanatip

Layer 2 Cluster Firewall No status received

chanatip

Hello everyone

I have a problem regrading firewall status that's show on SMC dashboard as capture screen below. Which when i created and to set up L2 firewall cluster. I saw status firewall of each node are no status received. but it can be deploy policy and working properly. by the way, each node of firewall can ping private network and to each other.

SMC L2 Erro Status.png

Have anyone any idea on this case ?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Sarm

• 1. Re: Layer 2 Cluster Firewall No status received
          lnurmi

Hi,

the status monitoring is done through the log connection If firewall has no connection to Log Server the status would also be grey. The log and monitoring data on firewall is saved to /spool partition, if this partition is full then the monitoring will also not work.

So I would first check do you get any logs from this firewall, and what the disk usage is like on the nodes (df -k). If the log connection doesn't work, the logging daemon sendlogd writes trace files which you can check from /data/diagnostics folder. Many normal linux commands like netstat are also available if you need to troubleshoot connectivity issues.

BR,

Lauri

• 2. Re: Layer 2 Cluster Firewall No status received
            chanatip

Hello Lauri,

I try to checked CLI  each on the node firewall (df -k) and saw that /spool it was hardly used at all as screen capture below.

P1.PNG

P2.PNG

by the way ,  when i used command cd /data/diagnostics but i don't know must check command ? or access to path ? for this solving.

P3.PNG

P4.PNG

Do you have any idea on this case ?

Thank you

• 3. Re: Layer 2 Cluster Firewall No status received
              lnurmi

Hi,

so I take it you don't receive any logs to SMC from this firewall. The files in /data/diagnostics I referred to start with sendlogd, you can read them for example with "cat" or "more". You might see TLS errors which would mean there's an issue with node or Log Server certificate, or errors related to network issues like "no route to host".

If you have a support contract I recommend opening a service request for this if it continues, sginfos would probably need to be checked then.

BR,

Lauri

• 4. Re: Layer 2 Cluster Firewall No status received
                chanatip

Hi,

Ok, Thank you for your sharing information. I already opened this case to support mcafee as your recommendation to solve this problem.