1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2015 10:37 PM by Peacekeeper

URL Reputation and Category Mass Lookup

mmercer

Greetings,

Before I begin, I'd like to reference a thread that is relevant to what I am looking for.

Check URL Categories and Reputation on MWG

As many of you know, these days we sometimes receive lists of 100s (if not 1000s) of URLs via various threat intelligence feeds. We need to decide what to block and what not to block. As part of this, we look at how URLs are already categorized (and reputation) by McAfee. No need to block something that is already blocked. I'm looking for a way to automate this process as much as possible.

Trustedsource.org appears to be the only place we can submit a group of URLs. This is okay, but it is only 100 at a time and once you get into the mechanics of getting the results (which come back as an HTML table) filtered...well, it can be extremely time consuming.

So, my perfect world scenario is that I receive a list of suspect URLs. I place this list in a xls, csv, or txt file, and then I get a xls, csv, or txt file back with the URLs classified with their categories and reputations. I can then filter this and mass add the necessary URLs to the Web Gateway. I feel like there should be a way to use our Web Gateway to do this. Some kind of API? I expect I may need to write some code, but I'm lost as to where I should start.

Ideas?

Thank you!