1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2015 8:17 AM by SafeBoot

Mcafee limiting user control - Why I WONT be renewing my subscription after 7 YEARS of Mcafee.

lustre

This hasn't been the first time I've contacted Mcafee about the same old issue, only to be promised "we are working on that" and years later, it's still not here!

Mcafee is still limited what I CAN and CAN'T allow through SCANS.  More recently I've been having issue with a new game that cost me $80, went through 2 weeks of customer support to sort out the issue to have the

company physically check my PC and CONFIRM that Mcafee was scanning & removing files CRITICAL to game play, which is why I've been unable to play.  They told me to "add the whole folder to the exception list in Mcafee"

however, upon ATTEMPTING this, I get a popup stating "YOU CANNOT EXCLUDE THIS THIS ITEM BECAUSE IT IS A CRITICAL SYSTEM FILE OR FOLDER.  EXCLUDING THIS ITEM CAN CAUSE A SERIOUS  SECURITY

PROBLEM ON YOUR PC"

Now I just find that to be complete and utter bull****, security risk or not is for the USER to decide, I really think a $80 game from a renown company that I cannot play because of Mcafee - another thing I pay for - Is just a complete JOKE.

A few years back I complained about a similar problem and contacted staff, to be informed that 'they were working on it' Since then it's been 3 YEARS and it's STILL NOT FIXED!

I'm still being told what I CAN and CAN'T add to my exception list.  Overall I've had many hours and dollars WASTED either through phone calls or visits to the store to figure out WHY I cant use the game.

I think at this point its just RIDICULOUS to tell a user what they CANT allow through their security scans.  Even my operating system has more USER CONTROL OPTIONS then this stupid anti-virus software.

I understand, warn users by all means about how their PC my become venerable to security threats, add 20 popups warning the user, but DONT and I repeat DONT take away THEIR CONTROL over what happens

to THEIR PC, at the end of the day, warn them, but dont take away that control option, that's what NO anti-virus software should do (Other than to its OWN system files, for obvious reasons).

After 7 years of paying for this anti-virus software, I WONT be renewing my subscription for an 8th year when I CANT even exert a LITTLE control over the anti-virus software.  

1 2 Previous Next