1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2015 2:26 AM by Richard Carpenter

Unable to deploy tasks, possibly port blocked?

natgrid

Hi,

I'm currently having some problems with the deploying tasks, I've migrated and done fresh install of EPO from level 2 to level 3 (virtual), however i'm unable to deploy agents, rouge sensors and any other tasks. I've managed to migrate the original clients from the old EPO server via registered servers, but deploying any tasks such as wake up agent will not work. The strange thing is communication is still established with the management server and agent. I've pinged from server to station and vise-versa to see a route is there. Furthermore I've added the systems via active directory, some are unmanaged and when i deploy a agent the system will still say unmanaged, but the agent installed.

However DAT deployment works though, and the agents pick up the latest dat.

I'm scratching my head with what the problem could be, possible port block??

If anyone could help me with this, that be great!

Thanks

Sam

• 1. Re: Unable to deploy tasks, possibly port blocked?
          ansarias

Do you have proper rights with ID to deploy the agent from ePO console. (Admin access on target machines).

How you are deploying it from ePO console, could you please it with screen shots.

• 2. Re: Unable to deploy tasks, possibly port blocked?
            natgrid

Yer the deployment is run on the admin account, It has all the privileges.

I do the deployment via ticking that machine, going agent the deploy agent. I usually force installation over existing one if agent is already installed.

Also look at the machine I'm deploying too, and you see the agent installed. However when looking at about, there is no agent/epo server found (it's just blank).

aGENT.jpg

• 3. Re: Unable to deploy tasks, possibly port blocked?
              ansarias

Try to check both installation option and see.

• 4. Re: Unable to deploy tasks, possibly port blocked?
                Peter M

Discussion moved from Business to ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO)

---

Peter

• 5. Re: Unable to deploy tasks, possibly port blocked?
                  natgrid

Unable to tick both options, it's either one or the other. Tried both options to no avail, machine still shows as unmanaged.

Looked at the log for the agent and it seems the agent is reporting to a different EPO server, even though the agent was deployed via different agent-handler.

• 6. Re: Unable to deploy tasks, possibly port blocked?
                    ansarias

Could you please navigate to ePO installation directory and see what sitelist file is having under current branch framepackage package.

path : X:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409\

Extract the Framepkg.exe and check ePO details in Sitelist.xml file

If its having another ePO details than stop all ePO services, delete the package and start all ePO services. A new Framepackage file will be created automatically and now try to deploy ePO agent on unmanaged machines.

Is it possible to share McAfee Agent log file any of affected machine?

• 7. Re: Re: Unable to deploy tasks, possibly port blocked?
                      natgrid

I navigated to the directory and the sitelist file is looking at the correct server and ip address.

I've attached the event log, could this be a possible problem?

2015-02-13 09:17:54.412I#7344DatastoreDid not find setting bEnableRelayService in section AgentListenServer for software ID EPOAGENT3000
                      2015-02-13 09:17:54.412I#7344imutilsUploading via relay.
                      2015-02-13 09:17:54.412I#7344imutilsCould not find any last used relay information
                      2015-02-13 09:17:54.412I#7344imutilsDoing a Relay Discovery
                      2015-02-13 09:17:54.417I#7344RelayClientDISCOVERY_CLIENT: Sending subnet broadcast
                      2015-02-13 09:17:54.417I#7344RelayClientDISCOVERY_CLIENT: Sending a Global Broadcast
                      2015-02-13 09:17:59.417I#7344RelayClientRelayClientApi, No relay servers were discovered in the network
                      2015-02-13 09:17:59.417I#7344imutilsRelay discovery failed.

• 8. Re: Unable to deploy tasks, possibly port blocked?
                        ansarias

2015-02-13 09:17:59.417 e #7344 Agent Agent failed to communicate with ePO Server

2015-02-13 09:17:59.417 i #7344 Agent Agent communication session closed

2015-02-13 09:17:59.417 I #7344 Agent Agent communication failed, result=-2400

2015-02-13 09:17:59.417 I #7344 Agent Exponential retry in 1125 seconds, error=-2400(Unable to connect to ePO Server)

2015-02-13 09:17:59.417 i #7344 Agent Agent will connect to the ePO Server in 18 minutes and 45 seconds.

Here is the issue, Try to reinstall McAfee Agent on one machine with /forceinstall command and see if it resolve the issue.

• 9. Re: Re: Unable to deploy tasks, possibly port blocked?
                          natgrid

Just did the force install, however I looked in the agent and about, it picked up the old epo server which I've shutdown.

In the event log its just pinging my master epo via using internet manager.

1 2 Previous Next