1 2 3 4 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2015 6:34 AM by tauhs

Another Agent unable to connect to EPO

scottgilliland2003

Hi guys,

sorry for another one of these agent unable to connect threads however I has just started a new job and first task is this when I have no experience, plus the previous support technician looks like he checked the epo together.

so a complete newbie needing some help

I have found a lot of machines on site have not even had the agent installed and those that do cannot connect to EPO server (some since June 2014).  Reading other threads I know you need the logs files so please find them attached.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Another Agent unable to connect to EPO
          ansarias

Can we have agent log file locally from affected machines?

File Name will be Agent_MachineName.log

• 2. Re: Another Agent unable to connect to EPO
            chrisakinika

Starter for 10, your ePO server looks to be VERY low on physical memory:

#01608    MOD_EPO     Memory info: physical memory 247/12277 mbytes free, virtual memory 1728/2047 mbytes free

Appears to be causing at least part of your problems as the task ont he server is reporting failures around those log liness.  

Next for 20, check the agent deployment task and the credentials used to run it, as it appears there are numerous authentication issues in the log too

20150210093405    E    #13324    NAIMSERV    Failed to authenticate to \\*Hostname1*, err=53

20150210093405    E    #13324    NAIMSERV    Push Agent Installation Program to *Hostname1* failed

20150210093407    E    #12496    NAIMSERV    Failed to authenticate to \\*Hostname2*, err=53

20150210093407    E    #12496    NAIMSERV    Push Agent Installation Program to *Hostname2* failed

20150210093411    E    #14500    NAIMSERV    Failed to authenticate to \\*Hostname3.domain*, err=53

20150210093411    E    #14412    NAIMSERV    Failed to authenticate to \\*Hostname4.domain*, err=53

(host/domain names changed for privacy)

• 3. Re: Another Agent unable to connect to EPO
              scottgilliland2003

Now let me ask if this is correct,  to get the agent log you find it within the system tree on the epo console and it will display?  When I do this it will not display the webpage that opens for the logs.

If you browse to the logs similar to how you do on the server, they are not there either?

Newbie remember lol

• 4. Re: Another Agent unable to connect to EPO
                chrisakinika

scottgilliland2003 wrote:

Now let me ask if this is correct,  to get the agent log you find it within the system tree on the epo console and it will display?  When I do this it will not display the webpage that opens for the logs.

If you browse to the logs similar to how you do on the server, they are not there either?

Newbie remember lol

I've had issues with that too, I think it's related to port/IE security settings.  You can view the logs manually though, just using notepad (or your editor of choice).  On my 64-bit sytem, the path is C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\DB , then look for Agent_*hostname*.log near the top. 

• 5. Re: Another Agent unable to connect to EPO
                  ansarias

McAfee Agent logs try to get it locally from affected machine : path will be : X\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\DB

From ePO you can check it with option "Show Agent Log", But it will only show when you have enabled it in McAfee Agent general policy from ePO console.

Policy Catalog > McAfee Agent (Product) > General (Category) > Logging > Enable Agent Activity Log.

• 6. Re: Another Agent unable to connect to EPO
                    scottgilliland2003

Hi guys,

thanks for explaining that.

I have doubled checked and within the common framework folder there is no DB folder.

I went on lunch and left machine locked and now it reports it is connecting to server.........................................This is really bugging!

• 7. Re: Another Agent unable to connect to EPO
                      ansarias

If no DB folder present than McAfee agent is not installed correctly. Also check file size : LastPropsSentToServer.xml it should not be 0 KB.

I'll suggest to reinstall McAfee Agent (Framepkg.exe) with /forceinstall command and see if it is connecting to ePO console or not.

• 8. Re: Another Agent unable to connect to EPO
                        scottgilliland2003

there is no "LastPropsSentToServer.xml" within the mcafee directory....

As the machine is now connecting to the epo server I have sent a deployment of the agent to all available machine, that's even assuming that its all configured coorectly to even do that!!!

• 9. Re: Another Agent unable to connect to EPO
                          tauhs

Its not under program files or program files (x86) look for the Common Framework file located at (you will need to turn on you see hidden folders)

?:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework  (the ? is for whatever drive you use)

Within there you can access the DB folder mentioned above.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next