9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2015 11:44 PM by Peacekeeper

False Artemis!14DEB1B35153

ldr830825

Hi,

It gave this result when I use VirusTotal to scan the file. But I use McAFee client did not scan any virus. Can you please help to correct this? Thank you.

• 1. Re: False Artemis!14DEB1B35153
          Peacekeeper

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions to help resolve your issue:What To Do When McAfee Detects Legitimate Objects As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal

Post the analysis ID number you get from the reply email and if no fix in 4 days ask and we will pass it up the line for immediate looking at.

• 2. Re: False Artemis!14DEB1B35153
            ldr830825

Hi, I sent an email to virus_research@mcafee.com at 2/10/2015, and I get no reply so far.

• 3. Re: False Artemis!14DEB1B35153
              Peacekeeper

If you zipped the file correctly it should have given a reply can you download the file to a dropbox or provide a link to the file if so I will try myself and if no go escalate to a lab tech.

What is the file size 10Mb is the limit for submissions

• 4. Re: False Artemis!14DEB1B35153
                ldr830825

I sent an email again, with password protected zip file at 2/25/2015. But got no reply except this automated reply so far. Can you please help me to check?

McAfee Labs - Beaverton                                                               

Current Scan Engine Version:5600.1067                                                 

Current DAT Version:7722.0000                                                         

Thank you for your submission.                                                        

Analysis ID: 9321369

File Name            Findings                       Detection                    Type         Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------- |------------|-----

runhourlysetting.dll|inconclusive                  |                            |            |no  

inconclusive [runhourlysetting.dll]                                                                

Automated analysis was not able to determine that this file is malware. This file is  

being sent for further processing and the DAT files will potentially be updated if    

detection of this sample is warranted.                                                

Note ?                                                                                 

Due to the prevalence of network gateway AV products, it is important that all        

submissions be zipped and the zip file password-protected (password - infected). Some 

products will reject an email that contains a virus that is not sent in this way. In  

addition, often we receive a file that appears not to have been infected, to find     

later that the file was infected when it left the sender, and was cleaned somewhere   

along the line.                                                                       

Regards,                                                                               

McAfee Labs

• 5. Re: False Artemis!14DEB1B35153
                  Peacekeeper

Ok chasing up

• 6. Re: False Artemis!14DEB1B35153
                    Peacekeeper

Should be clear now please confirm

• 7. Re: False Artemis!14DEB1B35153
                      ldr830825

It's ok now, thank you very much.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: False Artemis!14DEB1B35153
                        catdaddy

@idr830825,

Thank you for the confirmation that your issue has been resolved. Please note that I marked this thread appropriately as 'Correctly Answered'.

Wishing you all the Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

• 9. Re: False Artemis!14DEB1B35153
                          Peacekeeper

Good Luck any more issues you know what to do and who to chase up.