You would need the asset manager for that. This is not related to a data source, but related (to/gathered from) the ESM.
There is a complete chapter devoted to this in the product guide.
Select a McAfee Receiver that is near a Domain Controller.
Select Receiver Properties>Asset Sources>Add
- Type = Active Directory
- Name = Anything, maybe the domain
- Zone = None
- Priority = 5
- IP Address = One of your Domain Controllers (nslookup your domain)
- Port = Ask your AD guy likely 389
- UserName that will query AD
- Search Base = something like: DC=yourcompanydomain,DC=com
Click Connect to test Once run, computer assets will appear within Asset Manager.
For Users you maybe wishing to resolve userID's to john doe(s).
Select System Properties
Select Data Enrichment
You'll need to likely do an LDAP query.
You setup similarly to adding an asset source, but map SAMAccountName to an Enrichment Field
There are some good tutorials on here, try looking up "Data Enrichment".
Can we use port 636(LDAPS) for this?