4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2015 7:58 PM by exbrit

Script error message

robinsa

Hi, today while working on a course management site I have been using for months with no problems, I got the following message:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///C:/ProgramData/McAfee%20Security%20Scan/Extensions/%7Be4f94d1e-2f53 -401e-8885-681602c0ddd8%7D.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/loader/sandbox.js -> resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/jquery-2.1.0.m in.js:26

Any ideas about what this means, or why it has suddenly popped up?

• 1. Re: Script error message
          exbrit

Sounds more like a browser issue to me but those words "securityscan" may be from an installation of Security Scan Plus.  Check your programme list and uninstall it if it's there.  It's merely a security checking tool and not needed  It is often offered by Adobe for instance. with their products as an optional download when updating or installing such things as Flash, Shockwave or Reader to mention a few.

It might help if you listed what McAfee products you have installed and what operating system this is.

• 2. Re: Script error message
            robinsa

Thanks, and yes, I should have included that info.  Mozilla (I am using Firefox) suggested blocking Javascripts on that site, but they are a required tool for the course management system.  I uninstalled the pre-installed McAfee security checking tool, and am going back to the site to complete some work.  We will see how that goes now.

• 3. Re: Script error message
              robinsa

Thanks, that did it!

• 4. Re: Script error message
                exbrit

OK, good luck ;-)