1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 2:16 PM by ajha1

Immediate DAT Update - Client Task question

jimmac24

I run a task to immediately update DAT files on all client systems, but the agent general policy - updates points to "previous" for DAT's. If I want to immediately push the most current DAT out to all agents do I need to modify the agent - general policy first to point the clients to current? Is there a way to have a sort of "override" task that simply forces a update to what is in the current branch?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Immediate DAT Update - Client Task question

Hi jimmac24,

McAfee Agent - General Policies let the managed machine understand, from where it has to pull the update from. If for DAT section, the Branch is 'Previous', then the managed machines will pull DAT from previous branch of the Master Repository.

- You need to check, where exactly the Latest DAT is pull by Update Master Repository Server Task, if it is Current, then you need to change the McAfee Agent - General Policies - Update Tab - DAT Section to Current Branch.

You can run a 'Run Client task now' or 'Update Now' task from ePO, but still managed machines will take the DAT update from Previous Branch, if the McAfee Agent - General Policies - Update Tab - DAT Section is set to Previous Branch.

- AJ