4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2015 8:10 PM by catdaddy

Help installing?

ushermane

well I got mcafee on my other win 8.1 pc but I tried to download on my other one and it won't work. I clicked on the installer and it says the loading stuff and whatever then when it is finally done it just takes me in a big loop and does the same thing.

• 1. Re: Help installing?
          catdaddy

ushermane,

Did you have any existing Security software installed? If so did you follow the correct procedures to remove first? How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)

Are you current and up to date with all of your Windows Updates/Add-ons,to include Internet Explorer even if you do not use it. McAfee and other programs do. If you need further assistance,you can always contact Technical Service 24/7 and it is (Free) Via Phone/Chat Being quicker. Services and Support for Home and Office

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

• 2. Re: Help installing?
            ushermane

AAll I have is tthe normal windows defender which isnt really an av is it?

ill see if my ie is up to date thanks

• 3. Re: Help installing?
              catdaddy

ushermane,

It all depends...if you are using Windows 7 Sp1 or Lower. It is perfectly okay. In Windows 8/8.1 Windows Defender has Anti-Virus capabilities. I would also suggest you running several tools to make certain you have no malware present on your machine, before attempting to install your McAfee Product.

I would assume you had Microsoft Essentials at least along with your Windows Defender.

Try running the Latest McAfee Stinger(Read how to use) followed up with Malwarebytes (Free) for a second opinion. To keep it Free, do not enable/accept any Free Trial Offers/or activate the Pro/Paid Version. These Superb tools can be obtained here:Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

After assuring no malware is on your system,then proceed to install.

Regards,

Catdaddy

• 4. Re: Help installing?
                catdaddy

May I ask what operating system you are running? Windows 7 Sp1 and above is Internet Explorer 11. Also if your System is Windows 8/8.1 McAfee should disable Windows Defender during installation. Possibly that is why you said you only had Windows Defender?  For it does indeed have Anti-Virus Capabilities.