3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2015 6:22 AM by meererimage

What is fastsaler and how can I delete it?

meererimage

I'm pretty wet behind the ears as far as pc security and antivirus and cannot seem to rid my PC of this fastsaler adware.  I have run numerous full scans with McAfee Security and stinger as well as malwarebytes and none seem to find it.  I don't really know where to look on my pc for any infected files and there is no new software installed in my programs and features.  I googled 'fastsaler' and there is absolutely no results for it.  I get these flashing popups all over webpages either stating I have won something or directing me to pc tech support/maintenance services.  Beneath the ads reads 'ad by fastsaler'.  I may just be a moron and am overlooking something obvious but these windows are popping up on every site i go to and take up most of the page leaving me unable to view content and I am sooo frustrated.  Can someone PLEASE help me out?  Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: What is fastsaler and how can I delete it?
          catdaddy

meererimage,

I would suggest to run McAfee Getsusp first to get it added to the McAfee GTI Data Base. Then I would run AdwCleaner, followed up by Malwarebytes (Free).  These Superb Free tools can be found here:Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

Please add your Email address under "Preferences" before scanning with Getsusp.

To keep Malwarebytes Free, do not enable any Free Trial Offers/Or activate anything.
                                 You may even wish to run the Junkware Removal Tool also , if AdwCleaner does not get it all.

In addition check your Browser(s) for any suspicious Add-ons/Toolbars and clean

your Temporary Internet/Temporary Files/Cache/History.

All the best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: What is fastsaler and how can I delete it?
            catdaddy

meererimage,

You may find these two articles most informative:PUPs - Potentially Unwanted Programs - Basics

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: What is fastsaler and how can I delete it?
              meererimage

Thank you so much for your advice.  I followed your advice to a t and was not successful in removing the adware.  As it turns out, even though all those programs removed a lot of settings, files and folders from my browsers and I also removed all files and folders in the TEMP folder.  Seems it was not a system issue, but a browser issue.  The malware had embedded itself within Chrome where none of those removal tools could find it.  In the end a clean install of Chrome did the trick although I would have thought that at least one of those tools would have found it.   I do appreciate the direction you steered me though as I gained an abundance of knowledge that I didn't have 2 weeks ago, and in the process cleared the rest of my pc of a lot of junk I hadn't realized was there.  Thanks again.