3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 1:30 AM by msm

EMM support for Android 5.0 Lollipop

msm

Hello,

With Android 5.0 Lollipop now available for some time, I would like to know is it safe for our users to upgrade to it? Will they still be able to access their e-mail through McAfee EMM 12.x?

Thanks, MSM

• 1. Re: EMM support for Android 5.0 Lollipop
          msm

Hello,

We upgraded few of our Samsung S5 mobile phones to Android 5.0 and they are successfully synchronizing with our EMM 12.0 patch 2 installation. We contacted McAfee and they said there shouldn't be any problems in our scenario but still recommended we upgrade to EMM 12.0 patch 4.

Thanks, MSM

• 2. Re: EMM support for Android 5.0 Lollipop
            amgkcgc

MSM are your users syncing to MS Exchange and are they getting password change notification on their mobile devices if they change their network/Exchange credentials?

When we upgraded or Samsung phones to KitKat 4.4 from Jellybean 4.1 the password change notification stopped working. We also saw Securecontainer spike cpu usage and deplete the battery quickly getting the phones hot, if the user forgot to change their credentials as Securecontainer tried to sync with the incorrect password.

• 3. Re: EMM support for Android 5.0 Lollipop
              msm

Hello amgkcgc,

I have to admit that you caught me off guard with this question. As we have a company policy of changing AD passwords every XY days, and as ActiveSync is caching passwords for "few" hours after user changes his domain password, we have from the beginning instructed our users to change passwords on mobile phone (both in e-mail app and in McAfee EMM app) as soon as they change their domain password on computer (so they are not confused when e-mail stops syncing later that day or tomorrow). That means that we basically never use password change notification. I could test that for you, but I am sure that you would have to recheck it yourself, so I suggest that we skip the part with me testing it (and you waiting on me) and you upgrade one of your phones and test it out yourself

As for Secure container, we don't use it. During pilot project our users really disliked Secure container functionality, so in the end we decided not to use it.

Thanks, MSM