6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 5:35 AM by homea50

Remote access to ePO

homea50

Hi All,

Please help me to find out the step by step guided instructions on ePO server remote access outside the local network e.g. laptops clients. kindly advice the most preferable method normally use for that purpose. OR

Is that possible to access ePO server from outside local network any where in the world or wholly it is not possible

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Remote access to ePO
          ltnclark

What do you mean by remote access? Access to the ePO server for the purposes of administration or agent to server communication?

If it is for agent to server communication, then access from outside the network is possible. You can use a remote agent handler placed in a network zone that is accessible from outside of the network. The agent on the client needs a policy that tells it to communicate with the remote agent handler. You may need to look at repository locations as well depending on what your network looks like and how often the device comes back into the network.

Long story short, it is possible. I would start by reading about remote agent handlers and distributed repositories in the ePO deployment guide.

• 2. Re: Remote access to ePO
            Richard Carpenter

hi homea50

Check out page 13 in the Agent Handler White paper here: https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 22000/PD22508/en_US/ePO_4.5_Agent_Hander_White_Paper.pdf

Although for 4.5 it is still valid.

Regards

Rich

Volunteer Moderator

• 3. Re: Remote access to ePO
              homea50
              Hi itnclark,

Thanks for your such a quick response.

I am actually talking about Access to the ePO server for the purposes of administration, Is it possible? because i am able to access console of ePO server of "x" location on the network . That is why i am asking for the configuration either on the ePO server OR on the Network.

• 4. Re: Remote access to ePO
                Richard Carpenter

Hi,

If its the Application server (Console) you are looking to access, by default the Application server runs on port 8443, so if you have aVPN solutiowithin your company you should be able to access it through there using https:<servername>:8443.

I would not recommend opening this port to external networks across your firewall, this would expose your security management system to attack.

If you have routers with firewall capabilities on your LAN or private WAN try opening port 8443 and see if that helps.

Regards

Rich

Volunteer Moderator

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Remote access to ePO
                  ltnclark

I don't think I can provide you with the guidance you need and probably won't be an ePO problem either. This is greatly dependent on your gateway configuration and remote access policies. There are many options (such as jump boxes) inside the network but as I say... it depends. Have a chat to your gateway team and establish your remote access policies.

• 6. Re: Remote access to ePO
                    homea50

Thanks all to guide me the solutions and help me to sort out my queries in a manner.