2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 9:25 AM by catdaddy

Why is Adware such a nuissance?

rick37

For weeks now I have been bombarded with adware popups in new browser windows.  These are pushing various products and services.  Why does McAfee Total Protection not remove these?

• 1. Re: Why is Adware such a nuissance?
          catdaddy

Moved to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance > Discussions By Moderator

• 2. Re: Why is Adware such a nuissance?
            catdaddy

rick37,

Welcome to McAfee Communities. It seems that you have inadvertently Picked up some Potentially Unwanted Programs/Adware. To assure that in the future they are added to the McAfee GTI Data Base. I would run the latest McAfee Getsusp Tool. Please make certain you add your Email address under "Preferences" before scanning.

I would follow up with MalwareBytes (Free) and then AdwCleaner as second opinions. To keep MalwareBytes (Free) DO NOT enable or accept any Free Trial Offers or Activate the Paid/Pro Version. These Superb Free Tools and Other McAfee products can be obtained here:Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

You also may find the following two Articles most informative, as to how these arrived on your system. PUPs - Potentially Unwanted Programs - Basics

Also, If I may ask. If the suggestions given resolve your issues, could you kindly Mark this thread as Correctly Answered?

Should you still need assistance, please feel free to let us know as well.

All the very best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator