Issue : EEPC status : Unknown

shridharsr

Model: HPEliteBook 2170p
      Windows 7
      EEPC 7.1
      MA4.8

Issue : EEPC status : Unknown

It had 5.x version installed
      Tried to remove it from safemode by running sbsetup -uninstall but could not succeeded.

re-imaged the system, reinstalled the McAfee products.
      Still showing as In-Active.

In the MfeEPE.log I can see below error messages:
      Failed to get all required system objects during initialization: [0xEE040001] Opening driver

Encryption Provider {6477FB57-DCF1-418E-9948-9F32C57B0FA4} is in FAILURE state. Initialization aborted.
      Note: For the above error, we have reinstalled and rebooted the machine multiple times.

During every policy enforcement, we get the below error message:
      policyHandler: policy enforcement failed: [0xEE01000F] Received unknown message from service

Attached Mfeepe.log

• 1. Re: Issue : EEPC status : Unknown
          shridharsr

Any response/suggestion will be really appreciated

• 2. Re: Issue : EEPC status : Unknown
            shridharsr

I have compared the logs from successful and unsuccessful machine;

Log from Active machine:

2014-12-11 06:16:40,253 INFO    MfeEpePcEncryptionProviderPlugin     MfeEpeEncryptionService initialized successfully

2014-12-11 06:16:40,253 INFO    MfeEpePcEncryptionProviderPlugin     MfeEpeEncryptionProviderService initialized successfully

2014-12-11 06:16:40,263 INFO    MfeEpePcEncryptionProviderPlugin     Service Started Successfully

Log form Inactive machine:

2015-01-21 08:09:47,530 INFO    MfeEpePcEncryptionProviderPlugin     MfeEpeEncryptionService initialized successfully

2015-01-21 08:09:47,530 INFO    MfeEpePcEncryptionProviderPlugin     MfeEpeEncryptionProviderService initialized successfully

2015-01-21 08:09:47,532 ERROR   MfeEpePcEncryptionProviderPlugin     Failed to get all required system objects during initialization: [0xEE040001] Opening driver

In Inactive machine MfeEpePcEncryptionProviderPlugin services failed start where I can see EEPC agent services as up and running.

Any suggestion will be really appreciated

• 3. Re: Issue : EEPC status : Unknown
              youngs

By chance do you have the HP Protect Tools installed?  We always need to remove these as they are seen as incompatible products and EEPC won't activate.

Scott

• 4. Re: Issue : EEPC status : Unknown
                jhall2

In the log the service is started upon installation of EEAgent but there isn't any additional stop / start of the service shown in the log.

The initialization failure of the EpePc and Opal driver is due to the drivers not having yet been inserted into the driver stack. Because the drivers are sys drivers, a restarted is required.

• 5. Re: Issue : EEPC status : Unknown
                  shridharsr

Hi Scott/Jhall2,

I really appreciate your response.

Seems there was a issue with the user profile. I have added an another user and it went successful.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion..