4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 9:29 AM by flyingron

McAfee Internet Security Mac:  Issues with Custom and Time Machine

rflanner

I'm running the latest version of Yosemite and MIS 3.3.0.0 (600).   Everything seems to be working fine including Real Time Scanning and Updates, however I keep running into issues during Time Machine backups.  What happens is that after the backup starts, I will get a message at some point from Real Time Scanning saying that some malware has been found on the Time Machine volume, and then the backup immediately aborts.   I can get around this by disabling real time scanning but that seems a bad idea.    So I tried to clean  out all my quarantine files on My Mac and on the Time Machine volume but had the same issue occur, which seems strange if I deleted those quarantine files.   Is there a workaround for this?

One workaround I tried was to just do a full scan on the Time Machine drive, but that brought up another issue.  When I go to do a Custom Scan, there is just a Start button; there is no option to select specific drives or folders.  I guess I can just scan the whole Mac, which I presume would include that drive, but would prefer not do do that during the day.  So why would I not be able to select any folders or drives?

TY,

Ron

Message was edited by: Moderator (McAfee iso Norton)