6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2015 7:25 AM by palex

McAfee DLP: Agent up - no policy

good friend

anybody knows what does it mean? and how can i troubleshoot it.

Thanks

• 1. Re: McAfee DLP: Agent up - no policy
          palex

Dear good friend!

What did You mean when you wrote: Agent up - no policy?

You must create a policy for DLP Endpoint and to apply it to specific systems, you can do this in ePO) then apply it to the ePO. In ePO log tab of the System Tree/Assigned policies and choose the specific rules for each group of systems (if not asked in Endpoint). And the last step is to send via ePO policy on a specific system. The documentation can be downloaded together with the software or find in the knowledge base.

Kind regards.

• 2. Re: McAfee DLP: Agent up - no policy
            good friend

Dear palex

i have deployed the McAfee DLP to group of system and pushed the policies depending on users not system (user assignment group in DLP console).

usually that works for me, but for this time the DLP agent status is Agent up - no policies for some systems. when the installation with no errors the DLP agent status must be Agent is running...

thanks

• 3. Re: McAfee DLP: Agent up - no policy
              palex

Hi, good friend!

Recently updated version of dlp endpoint. The dlp endpoint agents was established, but the policy was not applied. ePO showed the status of the dlp endpoint agent: the Agent is installed, reboot pending. The problem was solved by rebooting the computer user.

• 4. Re: McAfee DLP: Agent up - no policy
                good friend

hi palex

i did reboot for the systems after dlp installation, and part of the systems dlp agent staus are running, but the others still as agent up - no policies.

thanks

• 5. Re: McAfee DLP: Agent up - no policy
                  palex

Hi good friend!

When we set dlp system I had a lot of problems setting up access. In the epo, I added the administrator account to deploy agents on managed systems. On some computers or laptops, this account has not been deployed or has been disabled. In General, all problems when installing or upgrading occurred due to the unavailability of computers (at the time of the task was not connected to a network) or a problem with access. And when you create a task, set the checkbox to allow the user to postpone the deployment? Some workers could prevent deployment on your computer.

Kind regards.

• 6. Re: McAfee DLP: Agent up - no policy
                    palex

Hi good friend!

Today I contacted tech support. On computers where "Agent up - no policy" you must reinstall the dlp endpoint agent manually:

1. Remove old version of the dlp agent (or incorrectly installed) - Install and remove programs (Programs and features) find

When you delete, you will need to enter a verification code (generated in epo - menu - support)

2.Find in the distribution: McAfeeDLPEndPoint93400Licensed\TAG_AGENT_9_3_400_60\Signed Package\HDLP_Agent_9_3_400_60.zip

two installation package

3. Install x64 on 64 bit OS or x86 on 32 bit OS.

4. Everything is installed. policies are applied.

The big disadvantage is that the installation is done manually.But works.

Regards.