4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 5:07 AM by Peter M

Two Computers, Two Different Versions of McAfee Product

interjet

Hello, I got Two computers for christmas, and One came preinstalled with McAfee live safe - internet security; which I activated and purchased. The other computer,  I had to install McAfee ( same live safe - internet security ).

I have discovered slight differences in the two verisons...... Overall One Has McAfee SecurityCenter Version 12.8 ( build 12.8.992 ) and the Other has Version 13.6 ( build 13.6.1492 ) .... Sooooooo,

QUESTION: Why when I process 'UPDATES' doesn't it give me the most current version of the product?    ///   

I realize I could uninstall and reinstall, but i'm worried I would 'break' the product then......  // Second Question: If I do uninstall and reinstall ( I would be doing the 12.8 version computer ) will it actually let me, I bought/activated my product with the 12.8 version computer......

Thank You For Reviewing my Post.

• 1. Re: Two Computers, Two Different Versions of McAfee Product
          Peter M

Two machines, probably the software updates from  two different servers, so updates are at different times.  The 12.8 one will eventually update to 13.6, but when is unknown.  13.6 is the latest version and is only slowly being released so I can't tell you when it might happen.

• 2. Re: Two Computers, Two Different Versions of McAfee Product
            interjet

Well Sounds like I can't argue with that...... Frist computer was a Preinstall, so the manufacture probably has a set to install .... and the Second computer didn't come with Any Security Software, and so I installed from McAfee Site, so that would have given me most current version.  //// Really wishing it would update to latest version, but I guess that is the way software companies release software these days.. ( " Only Slowly Being Released " ( to get feedback, bugs, etc.... ) )

So I guess I will be waiting... like a person with android phone wanting an update to there phone......

THANKS for the fast reply!@   ( is there a section I should click on to 'give you points, or whatever that helps you back... ? )

• 3. Re: Two Computers, Two Different Versions of McAfee Product
              Peacekeeper

The first version that came with the PC supplied and then bought from that same firm that made the pc ie say Dell sometimes seem to lag a version behind. It is annoying but does not affect your protection.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Two Computers, Two Different Versions of McAfee Product
                Peter M

interjet wrote:

Well Sounds like I can't argue with that...... Frist computer was a Preinstall, so the manufacture probably has a set to install .... and the Second computer didn't come with Any Security Software, and so I installed from McAfee Site, so that would have given me most current version.  //// Really wishing it would update to latest version, but I guess that is the way software companies release software these days.. ( " Only Slowly Being Released " ( to get feedback, bugs, etc.... ) )

So I guess I will be waiting... like a person with android phone wanting an update to there phone......

THANKS for the fast reply!@   ( is there a section I should click on to 'give you points, or whatever that helps you back... ? )

Yes the preinstall would be different from the other one, no big deal really as PK says.

Talking of Android, my Nexus just upgraded to 5.x and it wasn't a pretty upgrade, so it seems we aren't alone.

Good luck ;-)