I am told that Internet Security for Mac 3.3 fully supports Yosemite but as you've noted, the Consumer Support website is down. I'll ping one of our resident techs to see if he knows anything.
Please try the below steps and see if that helps
- Open Downloads folder and move all the dmg files (previously downloaded) to a separate folder other than Downloads.
- Open Safari preferences and Clear Browser cache/cookies
- Disable Time Machine and Remove any external Hard disk drives
- Now logon McAfee's My Account page (home.mcafee.com)
- Download the fresh dmg setup file and double click to initiate Install
- Copy the Serial from the Download page and paste it in the Installer Window.
- Click next and see if Installation progress
Thank you for your response. I have just tried this and still receive the same error.
Please help me with the below mentioned log files to proceed further. You can attach them in your next reply.
Click Go at the top and select Goto Folder
Type /var/log/ and Click Go
Search for files with the name "Download Manager.log" and "Master Installer.log"
Attach them in your next reply using Advanced Editor option.
I've had exactly the same problem with my Mac yesterday.
After contacting Technical Support and letting them do the install from their end, they had the same problem.This is still not fixed and is a really bad look for the company!
They advised to contact them in a day or two, but if this has been a know issue for weeks now, so if they want unhappy customers I suggest they get this sorted ASAP.
Thank you for your response, but the private message has come through from a 'no-reply' email address. How do I respond please?
When you are reading the message there is a reply box at the bottom of the page.