2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 2:55 AM by Laszlo G

DNS RoundRobin Cluster

Laszlo G

Hi everyone, I'm having a doubt about a cluster configuration and hope someone can help.

If I have 2 different physical MEG that will load balance through MX registry, is there a way to configure them as a cluster so the configuration of an appliance is pushed to the secondary?

If I set the typical failover cluster then it's easy because I set the Master appliance also as analyzer and the failover appliance as analyzer but can I do something similar in this situation?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: DNS RoundRobin Cluster
          Ryan Brady

Laszlo,

You can do a configuration push from one independent appliance to another if you don't want them to be part of a traditional cluster setup.  This is done under System - System Administration - Configuration Push.  You can set the first appliance to push automatically to the second both on a schedule and whenever you apply changes to the first.

• 2. Re: DNS RoundRobin Cluster
            Laszlo G

Hi Ryan.

Thanks, you're totally right. Silly me I forgot this option because there has been a lot of time I haven't used it. I usually create clusters and so the cluster service already pushes config to the failover