3 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2017 9:22 PM by tongkt.ads

Uninstalling Endpoint Security 10

bryan12345

Does anyone know how to cleanly uninstall Endpoint Security 10?  I have been trying to remove the entire suite after being unable to remove the web filtering element.  We tested web protection and found that it doesn't work any better than it did before, which is poorly.  Some exceptions took about 2 days to populate and others simply don't work.

Neither the Windows uninstaller or MVSUninst.exe will remove the product.  I have run MVSUninst.exe a couple times, and after reboot, I see that McAfee firewall and protection services are still running.  That's amazing since everything was supposedly removed.

I have spend hours with McAfee support and they haven't been able to remove it either.

At this point, I'd just like to get rid of McAfee until I can do a fresh install on this machine.  I have spend so much time with McAfee tech support over numerous issues that we are going to migrate to another product.

Any suggestions for a short term fix are appreciated.

• 1. Re: Uninstalling Endpoint Security 10
          sivakumarc

Uninstalling ENS using the MVSuninst Utility

If Add/Remove Programs does not properly remove ENS, use MVSuninst from the McAfee SecurityCenter as follows:

1. On the client system, log on to McAfee SecurityCenter at: www.mcafeeasap.com.
          2. Click the Utilities tab.
          3. Select the  Optimization section.
          4. Download the Cleanup Utility (MVSuninst.exe).
          5. Select Run.
          6. When the removal is complete, you are prompted to reboot the computer. Click Yes to reboot the client system.

Uninstalling ENS using Automated Removal

To uninstall ENS using Add/Remove Programs do the following:

1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.
          2. If any of the following products are present, click Remove beside the appropriate product:
            • McAfee Virus and Spyware Protection Service
            • McAfee Browser Protection Service
            • McAfee Firewall Protection Service
          3. Wait up to 30 minutes for background architecture files to be removed.
          4. Remove McAfee Agent from Add/Remove Programs (a Windows error message pops up if MA cannot be removed yet).   

NOTE: Do not try to manually remove the McAfee Agent or products from the registry or by deleting files and folders.

1. Close the Add/Remove Programs window.
          2 of 3 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Uninstalling Endpoint Security 10
            sivakumarc

Kindly do update whether you were able to uninstall with these steps.

• 3. Re: Uninstalling Endpoint Security 10
              tongkt.ads

The website requires ID/PW. How can we register that account?