2 of 3 people found this helpful
Uninstalling ENS using the MVSuninst Utility
If Add/Remove Programs does not properly remove ENS, use MVSuninst from the McAfee SecurityCenter as follows:
- On the client system, log on to McAfee SecurityCenter at: www.mcafeeasap.com.
- Click the Utilities tab.
- Select the Optimization section.
- Download the Cleanup Utility (MVSuninst.exe).
- Select Run.
- When the removal is complete, you are prompted to reboot the computer. Click Yes to reboot the client system.
Uninstalling ENS using Automated Removal
To uninstall ENS using Add/Remove Programs do the following:
- Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.
- If any of the following products are present, click Remove beside the appropriate product:
- McAfee Virus and Spyware Protection Service
- McAfee Browser Protection Service
- McAfee Firewall Protection Service
- Wait up to 30 minutes for background architecture files to be removed.
- Remove McAfee Agent from Add/Remove Programs (a Windows error message pops up if MA cannot be removed yet).
NOTE: Do not try to manually remove the McAfee Agent or products from the registry or by deleting files and folders.
- Close the Add/Remove Programs window.
Kindly do update whether you were able to uninstall with these steps.
The website requires ID/PW. How can we register that account?