1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2015 6:51 AM by Peter M

Uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe

redlaser

Just uninstalled "McAfee Live Safe - Internet Security" (from the control panel "Uninstall or change a program")  and when I restarted my laptop (Asus X550CA with Windows 8.1) no apps could connect to the internet.  I have no idea why this has happened but I now cannot access any networking/internet settings in the control panel (it just freezes up).

Any help getting everything back to working would be appreciated

Thanks Mat

• 1. Re: Uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe
          catdaddy

redlaser,

Did you follow the procedures/instructions in this Link? How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)

Also please make certain you are current and up to date with all Windows Updates/Add-ons,to include Internet Explorer, McAfee and other programs require it.

Please apprise us if this resolves your issues.

Technical Support is also available to assist you 24/7 and it is Free:Services and Support for Home and Office

It may be that you could revert back to an earlier Restore Point, before your issues occurred.

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer products

• 2. Re: Uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe
            redlaser

1) I did NOT use MCPR as I had no idea of its existence before now

2) Windows update has the same problem as networking/internet settings in the control panel where the screen to get to it just freezes and does not load

3) Restore Points are not set up yet as I have only just got this laptop

Note: I have tried running MCPR (after the uninstall) and it has not helped

• 3. Re: Uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe
              redlaser

Just a hypothesis, but if I were to reinstall McAfee LiveSafe would it work again?  (Also I would need a link to a installer as I can't find one anywhere for free (as I am not paying 79.99 for this)).

• 4. Re: Uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe
                catdaddy

redlaser,

I assume that your McAfee Subscription came pre-installed with the purchase of your Laptop. Being that it is practically "Brand New" your subscription should not have reached it,s expiry date. It seems that you may have other issues presenting themselves, for by your removing your McAfee from Programs/Features should not cause the problems you are stating.

Have you attempted to diagnose your problems through the Windows Trouble shooter in Network Connections and Sharing? As I mentioned Technical Support is available 24/7 and is (Free). Via Phone/Online Chat being much quicker.

By removing your McAfee, Windows Firewall should automatically enable itself.

If not contacting Technical Support, you may try getting assistance here:Windows 8 Forums You may also just for a second opinion, try running Malwarebytes (Free) to check for the possibility of Malware being present.To keep it (Free) DO NOT enable or accept any Free Trial Offers or Activate the Pro/Paid Version all throughout the Download/Installation process.

You can obtain this Superb Program and others here:Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

Perhaps one of my Colleagues will pick up this thread and add to the discussion, as they are more informed in regards to Windows 8/8.1.

Wishing you all the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

• 5. Re: Uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe
                  redlaser

1) Windows Network Diagnostics finds a problem but cannot solve it, when I click on additional information it comes up with a frozen window.

2) Malwarebytes says there are no problems

3) Still trying to get through technical support

• 6. Re: Uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe
                    catdaddy

redlaser,

Hopefully Technical Support will be capable of resolving your issues. If the need arises, you can always ask for your Service Request to be "Escalated". Thank you for informing us of your attempts to alleviate your issues.

Please keep the SR # in case we can try to be of further assistance.

Again,

All the very best

Catdaddy

• 7. Re: Uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe
                      redlaser

TechMaster Note 1: Possibly to do with Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 upgrade

• 8. Re: Uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe
                        redlaser

TechMaster Note 2: Possibly Asus problem

• 9. Re: Uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe
                          redlaser

Now calling Asus Support

1 2 Previous Next