6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 3:21 PM by catdaddy
      • 1. Re: Microsoft Creating New Browser in Windows 10?
        Peter M

Rumours of a revised "IE12" to rival Chrome have been flying for ages.

Personally I wish they would bring back a built-in mail client.

Anyone can test it by signing on with Microsoft's Developer Channel.

I tried Windows 10 in a VM and didn't like it, but that was an early build..

• 2. Re: Microsoft Creating New Browser in Windows 10?
          catdaddy

I was aware of that as well. However, by them mentioning the fact Internet Explorer 12 will offer "Extensions", I hope they do not take the path as Firefox/Chrome has in regards to "Open-Source" coding. This is why I have stuck with Internet Explorer so long.

As bad a rap as it may get, I find the "Rapid updates" of Firefox/Chrome continuously causing issues. And of course McAfee is always the blame. Take the latest "Site Advisor" phenomenon with all the strange characters appearing in the Site Advisor Tool Bar.

I have yet to experience such.  If I were to switch Browsers, I guess I would go to "Chrome". However at this moment in time I see no valid reason to do so. Firefox is losing Market share (Daily). Partially with all of the issues on a monthly basis, with compatibility issues with "Extensions/Add-ons"

Not limited to soley McAfee alone, I might add. We also realize that with "Open Source" code implemented, how other supposedly legitimate programs can be  infiltrated.....Just my "Two Cents"

For instance, recently Chrome announced that it has implemented a more "Layered Protection" to avoid Potentially Unwanted Programs"  With all of the posts in regards to such, how does that seem to be working out?

Yet, choosing which Browser to utilize is definitely to ones own preference..

(Note) Edited By Catdaddy

• 3. Re: Microsoft Creating New Browser in Windows 10?
            Peter M

I guess it's "wait and see".

• 4. Re: Microsoft Creating New Browser in Windows 10?
              catdaddy

Yup....I am inclined to agree   I sincerely hope that the Microsoft Dev,s, are much better at improving the Browser, especially in comparison to the numerous "Botches" of Monthly Updates....(Sigh)

• 5. Re: Microsoft Creating New Browser in Windows 10?
                Peter M

Well I think it all depends on where you are re: botched updates.  I haven't experienced any problems with them lately at all but did some time back and a System Restore took care of it.  But I think a lot of people panic and don't know what to do when problems arise.

Microsoft has always provided completely free support for updates, something to remember.

• 6. Re: Microsoft Creating New Browser in Windows 10?
                  catdaddy

You do have a point there....