2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2014 3:59 PM by catdaddy

Hello. Need some help

xcursion88

Hello and nice forum..

The lap top is a Dell Inspiron 15R  running windows 8.1

I have a problem. My son the other day did some downloading of some games onto an sd card to put on a game system.

Today I turn on the laptop (that I use) for my work and while browsing sites I get slammed with side popups, middle of the screen popups. I also get those windows that pop up asking to download the latest version of xyz.....

This is happening on google chrome. So I switch over to explorer and the same thing started happening. I have reset the browser to its default settings on chrome but that has not stopped it.

It makes browsing anything a painful experience.

I really need to get this fixed. I looked into the control panel and I don't see any strange looking programs. There was one on there from Dell that I do not remember downloading dated within a week ago....I uninstalled that...

there is something on the desktop but I can't find it in the control panel to delete it. This desktop icon I speak of says RegClean M under the icon.

This computer has Mcafee installed on it and I have scanned several times. Nothing shows up. When I go back to trying to browse here come the side ads and popups again.

Any and all help will be beyond appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott