1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2014 5:09 PM by catdaddy

two trojans

razumov

How do I remove two Trojans detected on my home computer:  kobthuj.dll and froehuouhhjc.dll ? Any idea what these things do or where they came from?

• 1. Re: two trojans
          catdaddy

Moved to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance > Discussions By Moderator

• 2. Re: two trojans
            catdaddy

razumov,

It seems that your McAfee Protection detected these items, and quarantined them for your safety. Which is a good thing. In order to remove these from Quarantine. Simply open your McAfee User Interface, and click on Navigation/Quarantined and Trusted Items/Expand Quarantined Items/Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs/Select each item or all/Delete/Restart.

To further ease your mind, you may run the Latest Stinger (Read How to Use) and follow up with a second opinion by Running Malwarebytes (Free) To keep it free DO NOT enable or accept any Free trial offers/or activate the Pro/paid Version.

These (Free) Superb Tools and others can be obtained Here:Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: two trojans
              catdaddy

I might add to better understand your Product/Features. You can Open your McAfee UI,Click on (Help) top right.

Click on (Help) again, and a Pane should open with a "Step by Step" guide on how to use your Features.

(Note) Should the Help Pane not open the first attempt, please try again as it should. This is a intermittent issue on occasion, and has been reported.

• 4. Re: two trojans
                Hayton

Neither of those dll names is known anywhere else.

• 5. Re: two trojans
                  catdaddy

I noticed that also, I could not get a hit either ?

• 6. Re: two trojans
                    razumov

catdaddy:  thanks for the reply.  actually, the Trojans were not quarantined, they were discovered by a Techmaster tech on Sunday 12/28, using Getsusp.  I thought he had removed them but on Monday 12/29, when the original problem reoccurred I ran getsusp again and they were still on my computer.  The Trojans are not shown in the list of quarantined programs where you thought they would be.  The 'original problem' is that windows from unsolicited web sites are appearing on my desk top when I log on.

• 7. Re: two trojans
                      catdaddy

You mentioned "TechMaster"? Are you referring to the McAfee Services available, and if so do you have a CS #/SR# ?  Also, have you tried those Programs I recommended?  I also recommend running AdwCleaner also.

Again, what puzzles me is your mentioning TechMaster. Is this a Service you paid for from McAfee?

• 8. Re: two trojans
                        razumov

catdaddy:  Yes, TechMaster is an online service from McAfee that I subscribe to.  You get a chat session with a McAfee technician who attempts to diagnose and hopefully, solve problems.  I'm not sure what a CS# or SR# is.  They gave me an order confirmation # 0656C814 when I subscribed.  They don't usually ask for an ID # when I contact them.

I haven't tried the programs you recommended yet.  Will do so asap.

• 9. Re: two trojans
                          catdaddy

razumov,

Actually, I meant Customer Service/Service Request Number. It seems by your statements the services you paid for did not resolve your issues? Could you verify if the inserted link here: Welcome to McAfee - TechMaster  is indeed the one you contacted and paid for?

If that should be the case, I would personally contact them back and inform them that your issues seem to not be resolved. In addition, if you do not mind. I will ping our Resident Tech , and bring this to his attention to include your order confirmation number.

The Programs in which I recommended you to run, are basically what we recommend short of seeking remedy from paid services Such as you say you have done. Please apprise us of your results, and during the meantime I will contact our Forum Tech as mentioned above.

Could you please furnish your OS,and Active Subscription/Version of your McAfee Product?

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

1 2 Previous Next