4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2015 1:33 PM by chuck99

Dropbox Issue

chuck99

I'm currently having issues with MWG loading the dropbox website and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. When I try to access dropbox using Internet Explorer 11 the dropbox page won’t load properly. None of my files I've uploaded in the past shows up. The page only works when I disable my proxy settings in IE. I've tried whitelisting the dropbox url and disabling all the rules in the MWG which did not fix the issue. I've also ran a rule trace which doesn't show anything being blocked.

However when I enabled debugging in IE, I got a webpage error popup stating:

Line: 115

Error: SecurityError

I've been troubleshooting this issue on MWG 7.4.2.3 and 7.2.0.7 with the same results.

• 1. Re: Dropbox Issue
          asabban

Hello,

was this a temporary problem of does the problem still exist?

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: Dropbox Issue
            chuck99

It still exist. Was able to narrow it down to IE11. All other browsers seem to work fine.

• 3. Re: Dropbox Issue
              asabban

Okay. I made a quick check with my lab PC (Windows 7, IE 11) but I didn't see any trouble so I cannot exactly tell what went wrong, unfortunately.

The only indicator we currently have is that IE fails to process some Java Script. I used MWG and played around with the settings trying to replicate the problem, but I was unable to. I am able to login to the Dropbox website, upload some files and see them afterwards. The problem might be related to a configuration in your MWG.

It would be helpful if we could find out what script exactly causes the error. If you run IE you can start the "developer console" by pressing F12. There is a tabl called "console" which can list all errors that happen when loading a site. It also helps to reveal the exact URL of the script that failed to load. Maybe you can try if this help identifying the exact script causing problems?

Otherwise you may want to file a service request with support and provide an exact error description. They might be able to provide some more ideas to find the problem and solve it. Nevertheless if you can give me some more details about the problem I am happy to help.

Best,

Andre

• 4. Re: Dropbox Issue
                chuck99

Upon further investigation, it looks like our .pac file was causing the problem. After removing isInNet(hostip, "127.0.0.1", "255.255.255.255") in our .pac file, dropbox loaded properly.