3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 10:11 AM by Sailendra Pamidi

Make Call Home from McAfee SIEM 9.4.2

layer0

Hello Everyone

I have the following problem, after i upgraded a SIEM from Version 9.3.2 to 9.4.2 i am unable to initiate a callhome. I have the following message

error callhome.PNG

Do this new version need another permissions in the firewall or it could be another reason?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Make Call Home from McAfee SIEM 9.4.2
          Sailendra Pamidi

There is currently an outage for the call home server on McAfee's side. we will update once its back online.

In general though, the /var/log/messages file indicates the attempts to connect to the call home IP on port 443 (look for messages from openvpn). Ensure that is not being blocked on your firewall.

• 2. Re: Make Call Home from McAfee SIEM 9.4.2
            layer0

Hello

Apparently the servers are up again, because i can stablsh callhome from another SIEM. Although when i try to initialize a callhome i receive the same message, viewing the logs i see messages like this:

McAfee openvpn[14394]: TCP: connect to 69.20.166.229:443 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection refused

I think there is already a process trying to initialize a callhome, how can i terminate this process without affecting somewhere else?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Make Call Home from McAfee SIEM 9.4.2
              Sailendra Pamidi

you can kill the existing openvpn process by running killall openvpn at the ssh prompt. Then type callhome again.

If the session is established, you would see an additional interface in the ifconfig output named tun0.