1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2014 2:17 PM by selvan

Windows 7 Event Log Warnings and Errors from McAfee Total Protection

tdl1

I am receiving the following warnings and errors in the event log:

Error: Session "McAfee.{E4367DA7-2B80-47f3-86D2-7626A18FC6F4}" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Warning: The maximum file size for session "McAfee.{E4367DA7-2B80-47f3-86D2-7626A18FC6F4}" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MCLOGS\ETW\mclogs.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 16777216 bytes.

I went through a technical support session yesterday for almost 2 hours. After a complete uninstall, registry edits, and re-install I am still getting the same errors. I installed Total Protection on 12/4/14 and have been getting these errors since then. Prior to installing this I had Internet Security and did not have these errors. I did do a complete uninstall, used the mcpr tool, and rebooted before I  installed the Total Protection.

Prior to my technical support session yesterday I looked through the forum and found that I'm not the only one receiving these warnings and errors. Since the posts I was looking at were from a couple of months ago I assumed that there would be a fix by now. Apparently, the fix is always sent through PM after posting in this forum, and I am requesting help with this. It seems a little odd to me that this is the only way to resolve this issue.

The last error seems to coincide with a crash I had in the management console, so I'm a little concerned. I am receiving this error at least once a day now.

Thank you for your time!

1 2 Previous Next