5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2014 7:33 AM by jaykay1

Exploit:Java/CVE

jaykay1

Microsoft Security Scanner tells me I have 3 Exploit: Java/CVE viruses on my laptop (2013-1493; 2013-2423 and Obfuscator.AH). I have McAfee Total Protection installed but all scans are showing clear. There's conflicting information on the web - what should I do please? Thanks JK

• 1. Re: Exploit:Java/CVE
          catdaddy

You may try this excellent Removal Guide:Remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.XZ (Virus Removal Guide) It should include the different variants of this particular piece of Malware.

I might add that before running the Removal Guide, Run the Latest McAfee Getsusp Tool, so as it will add to the McAfee GTI Data Base. Simply enter your Email address under "Preferences" before scanning. This Superb Tool and others can be obtained Here:

Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

(Note) To keep Malwarebytes (Free) DO NOT enable or accept any Free Trial Offers/or activate the Paid/Pro Version all through-out the Download/Installation process.

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

• 2. Re: Exploit:Java/CVE
            catdaddy

jaykay1,

I assume that you meant the (On Demand) Microsoft Security Scanner. For if you have (2) Anti-Virus Applications installed/Active. Will result in both Programs Conflicting/Clashing with each other, and leave you vulnerable to infections.

• 3. Re: Exploit:Java/CVE
              jaykay1

Many thanks for your prompt and helpful response, I'm in the process of following the 'clean-up' steps now. Never having to run in 'safe mode for networking', how do I do this please?

You are correct in that the MSS in one I run on demand. I only operate McAfee at all other times.

One again - thank you.

JK

• 4. Re: Exploit:Java/CVE
                catdaddy

If you are required to run in Safe Mode/With Networking. Simply (Restart) your computer and just before the (Windows Logo) appears. Start continuously pressing f8, until (Advanced Boot Options) appears. Then select/enter(Safemode with Networking)  Please allow to entirely Load...then proceed to use the Removal Tools/Removal Guide.

Btw...You are quite welcome   That is what we are here for. If you could please, Kindly apprise us if your issues are resolved. After following the Guidelines/Instructions of course.

Thank you in Advance,

Kind Regards

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

• 5. Re: Exploit:Java/CVE
                  jaykay1

I will - many thanks

JK