4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2014 7:48 AM by bigdaddyps

Dashboard VSE: Top 10 Computers with most detections

bigdaddyps

I was wondering how long after I clean my top 10 machines up and effectively get them clean, how long does it take for those to clear out of this list?  I deleted a computer from AD and did a rebuild and noticed the PC name is gone but the instance with the amount of detections still exists in that list.

• 1. Re: Dashboard VSE: Top 10 Computers with most detections
          meforum

I think usually its sth like "top 10 ... in the last X days (weeks, etc). So depending on what is set in the query, it will take that time to "clean" the list. You can modify that query/report accoring to your needs. (so btw: I think it's ok that an machine is still in the report even when it's cleaned because it WAS in the top 10 ... its more a "history" like report)

• 2. Re: Dashboard VSE: Top 10 Computers with most detections
            bigdaddyps

Right, the now clean machines are in there and I was just wondering how long it would take to see those drop off.  Unfortunately there is no amount of days in the title and I'm just trying to find that default time.  Our security officer looks at this dashboard and sees the same computers in there for the last week and is wondering why.  So I need to be able to say, it will disappear in XX amount of days.

• 3. Re: Dashboard VSE: Top 10 Computers with most detections
              c.stueckrath
              Name:VSE: Top 10 Computers with the Most Detections
              Notes:Displays the top ten computers with the most detections in the last three months.
              Databasetype:ePO
              Resulttype:Threat Events
              Criteria:(Detecting Product Name Starts with "VirusScan Ent" and Detecting Product Name Does not contain "for" and Event Generated Time Is within the last 3 Months and (Threat Type Equals Other Potentially Unwanted Program or Threat Type Equals Adware or Threat Type Equals Remote Administration Tool or Threat Type Equals Potentially Unwanted Program or Threat Type Equals Potentially Unwanted Object or Threat Type Equals Package or Threat Type Equals Rootkit or Threat Type Equals P2P Client or Threat Type Equals IM Client or Threat Type Equals Key Logger or Threat Type Equals Password Cracker or Threat Type Equals Dialer or Threat Type Equals Spyware or Threat Type Equals Virus or Threat Type Equals Suspicious Packer or Threat Type Equals Trojan or Threat Type Equals Joke or Threat Type Equals Test))

You will find this information in Queries & Reports. Click "Details" on a query

• 4. Re: Dashboard VSE: Top 10 Computers with most detections
                bigdaddyps

That is what I was looking for!  Thanks!