2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2014 2:29 PM by mobin.qasim

VSE 8.8 Patch 4 Slow Loging

mobin.qasim

Hi Guys,

I'm using ePO 5 and VSE 8.8 Patch 4 in my VMware environment. I've just deployed VSE 8.8 to my Win 7 Ultimate machine and when I tried to RDP it seemed really slow to me. I tried to log off and log back in a couple of times but still found it really slow. It's nearly taking 1 good minute at Welcome screen before login. My

Could someone please help me regarding this issue and what's the work around.

Regards

• 1. Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 4 Slow Loging
          fitchsoccer342

With any sort of antivirus there will always be a slight degradation in performance just due to the nature of what virus scanners do, however, you should not be seeing it really slowing down RDP sessions and whatnot.

This is where you need to tailor VSE for exclusions and look at your VSE logs for what is going on during your RDP initiation and log on/off's. The logs will be located within C:\ProgramData\McAfee\DesktopProtection; take a look at them.

From there, you need to see what you are scanning and excluding by OAS. Menu > Policy > Policy Catalog > VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0 > On-Access Default Processes Policies. There is not a single answer to your issue, but from here you need to take a look at what you are scanning in "Scan Items" and then what you are excluding in the "Exclusions" tab. If you find something from your logs that might be slowing down RDP or logons, throw it in the exclusions tab and test.

Also, for our virtualized environment, we are leveraging McAfee MOVE instead of VSE, just something you might want to look into.

Are you running a Citrix environment? Take a look at this also: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB81549&actp=null&viewloca le=en_US&showDraft=false&platinum_status=false&locale=es_ES

• 2. Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 4 Slow Loging
            mobin.qasim

Hi, thanks for the reply. I can't find anything in the logs regading RDP. To be honest there are only few lines in the log files placed under C:\ProgramData\McAfee\DesktopProtection and it shows yesterday time stamp for all files. Also I tried to change workstation policies but that didn't made any different. Please look at the attached screenshot for workstation policies.

Regards

OA General Policies.png
            OA Default Process Policies.PNG