5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2015 12:54 AM by fabianheusser

No Info on DAT, Product "VIRUSCAN8700"

fabianheusser

Hi,

We have ePo 5.1.1 and deployed Agent 5.0 and about since then a few computers won't report the correct DAT version in the list. If i go to the products tab in System Information i have a Product "VIRUSCAN8700" with version "8.8.0.1247" and "VirusScan Enterprise" with no version. It's like the VSE on the faulty machines is not detected as VSE. Agent communication works.

I reinstalled Agent and VSE on the machine with no effect.

Is this a client or Server Problem? How can i solve this?

Many thanks in advance.

Fabian

• 1. Re: No Info on DAT, Product "VIRUSCAN8700"
          fitchsoccer342

Have you logged onto one of the clients to see what version of VSE they are reporting as having? VIRUSCAN8700 is VSE 8.7 which is not compatible with ePO 5.0 or Agent 5.0 and maybe is mized up on a couple of your machines for some reaosn.

Version 8.8.0.1247 is VSE 8.8 Patch 4, and shouldn't be displaying VIRUSCAN8700.

I would probably run a client task to uninstall VSE from ePO, then run a install task and see if that helps.

Otherwise you can log onto each server and uninstall manually. Go to the following and see if you have a VIRUSCAN8700 hive; inside should be a uninstall command in which you can run the msi command in cmd prompt and manually uninstall VSE. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins

• 2. Re: No Info on DAT, Product "VIRUSCAN8700"
            fabianheusser

Hi fitchsoccer342

Thank you for your reply. On the clients Virusscan 8.8 is installed. Also in the registry there is no hive for VIRUSCAN8700. And yet ePo displays it somewhat as VIRUSCAN8700.

I have uninstalled first agent then VSE locally on the client and redeployed with epo already. but i try to do an uninstall with ePo right now.

It could be a ePo database problem, could it?

epo_vse8700.pngepo_vse8700_2.png

Kind Regards

Fabian

• 3. Re: No Info on DAT, Product "VIRUSCAN8700"
              llamamecomoquieras

Hi,

What about the key:

HKLM\Software\wow6432\McAfee\AVEngine (64bits)

HKLM\Software\McAfee\AVEngine (32bits)

Do you have AVDatVersion key?

Best regards,

Jose Maria

• 4. Re: No Info on DAT, Product "VIRUSCAN8700"
                fabianheusser

Hi,

I do have the key, yes.

but in between i moved from Agent 5.0 with embedded credentials to the one without embedded credentials. also reinstalled the agent 5.0 extension, and force installed it the agent on the client over the current one.

it's now working as the entry "Virusscan Enterprise" has a DAT version, but the VIRUSSCAN8700 entry is still there.

i watch this case as closed for now.

Thanks a lot for your help!

• 5. Re: No Info on DAT, Product "VIRUSCAN8700"
                  fabianheusser

The above didn't help. The problem kept coming back.

But i noticed that in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSCAN8700" had a value like "Software ID"="VIRUSCAN8700" and more old version info, even if i uninstall/reinstall VSE 8.8 & Agent 5.

I ended up with removing VSE & Agent, removed the following keys from the registry:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee

After I re-pushed Agent and VSE, everything was good.

This has worked for me so far.