4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2014 9:50 AM by geojf3

mxlogic denying emails

geojf3

Hello,

Starting last night, two organizations we are associated have been unable to receive emails from us.  We are getting the following: inbound10.mxlogic.net[208.65.145.3]  said: 554 Denied.

We have looked for any blacklisting of our domain, and have not found anything.  When we looked on the SAS site, we are listed as high threat.  I have filled out the form to get de-listed/get and explanation and have yet to hear back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: mxlogic denying emails
          Brad McGarr

554 Denied indicates a high spam score due to the system identifying either a low IP reputation or content in the message/header as known spam content. What you'll want to do is forward the NDR to our Messaging Security team at saas_falsepositives@mcafeesubmissions.com, you'll get a response to the score challenge within 24 hours.

• 2. Re: mxlogic denying emails
            geojf3

Thank you for the information.  I did as you suggested by forwarding one of the returned emails.  We are still unsure as to what has caused this.  About 3 years ago we did have a virus that spammed out and we were listed on many blacklists, but that is not the case here.  We cannot find any indication that something even close to that has happened.  The only thing we have done recently was send a mass email to our registered companies, but that was about 9 days ago.

• 3. Re: mxlogic denying emails
              Brad McGarr

Mass mail is the most frequent cause of spam score generation, followed by spam traps and honey pots. If ISPs in our datasharing network received substancial spam complaints involving that email, that could have easily generated a spam score for content. That's just a possibility though.

• 4. Re: mxlogic denying emails
                geojf3

I understand and will wait to hear back.  I just wish there were some detail about the cause.

Thank you again.