4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2014 4:37 PM by llamamecomoquieras

Scan does not start at scheduled time ..

susja

Well ... I have more and more problems with my systems

I'm running VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i

I got that system from someone hence I didn't set it up. I am local Admin rights.

Currently I have 2 problems:

1. I deleted (managed) Tasks by deleting all tasks in c:\programdata\....\Common Framework\Tasks folder but after a short while they are back again. I also disabled 'Edit AutoUpdate Repository List ..' although AutoUpdate is not scheduled  at all. Something controls/manage my Tasks and can't get rid of it.

2. I setup a new On-Demand Task a scheduled but it does not start at scheduled time. I could start it manually ... but it should start using Schedule. What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Scan does not start at scheduled time ..
          susja

I just noticed that McAfee Agent is running in my case Capture.PNG

Maybe I could un-install it in order to prevent control? Otherwise I have a feeling that whatever I modify get overwritten by something ...

• 2. Re: Scan does not start at scheduled time ..
            llamamecomoquieras

Hi susja.

As I said in different post you should uninstall the epo manage agent and install a standalone downloaded from mcafee download site and test in a single machine

Best regards

Jose Maria

• 3. Re: Scan does not start at scheduled time ..
              susja

well ... that's exactly what I was thinking to do next ... otherwise I could do almost nothing without being under control.

I will uninstall McAfee agent ... or should I uninstall VSE better?

Could you please tell me what exactly product should I install in order to have control? When you mentioned above "standalone downloaded from mcafee download site" did you mean to install VSE or someting else?

Sorry ... in case didn't get you right.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Scan does not start at scheduled time ..
                llamamecomoquieras

Well, if you uninstall the McAfee Agent it will remains the ePO task and you will need to delete the task manually in each machine. So the ideal Scenario would be to create a script to uninstall McAfee agent with the following command:

c:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe /forceuninstall

and then you could uninstall VSE 8.7 i

msiexec /x {147BCE03-C0F1-4C9F-8157-6A89B6D2D973} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R /q

In that case when you install the new VSE it will install McAfee agent standalone

Do the test in a single Machine and see how it works.

Best regards,

Jose Maria