2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2014 5:47 AM by Peter M

Is McAfee Total Protection & Virus Protection Plus compatible with MacBook Pro/Maverick OS?

juleskar1698

First off, please forgive my lack of experience with computers. Needless to say, I'm in way over my head.

I usually stick with a desktop with Windows, but we decided to invest in the MacBook Pro. I purchased McAfee Total Protection (came with 3 licenses) since the website indicated it was used for both pc and Mac. It came with AntiVirus Plus (which I have 2 licenses for).  I am attempting to determine if McAfee is really protecting the MacBook. I cannot find any app, downloads or anything with McAfee listed under files, applications, documents, etc with the MacBook. However, when I log into McAfee/My Account, it does list the MacBook as being protected under Total Protection but not AntiVirus Plus.

A. How do I ensure that the MacBook is fully protected?

B. Is the McAfee software not compatible with the MacBook Pro/Maverick OS? If not, can anyone recommend software that is?

C. Unrelated to McAfee, but if someone could instruct me on how to disable the $%#@ popups on this stupid MacBook, I'd be eternally grateful and I might be able to refrain from throwing this infuriating contraption through the window . Rant done.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Julene