5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2014 8:35 AM by susja

How to delete or disable managed Tasks?

susja

Hello,

I have a system where someone setup VSE 8.7i

Now this system is in completely different environment and I want to change scheduling that was done before. Before the system was connected to Internet but now it's isolated and I will do all scans , updates and etc using command line options.

I am a member of Administrators hence I should have all permissions BUT when I select Task scheduled before that have '(managed)' before I can't change configuration or scheduling. Those tasks are grayed out for me.

My question: how could I delete or disable managed tasks?

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to delete or disable managed Tasks?
          llamamecomoquieras

Hi Susja,

Stop access protection and go to C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Task and delete the tasks. If the Machine does not connect with ePO it will dissapear.

Best regards,

Jose Maria

• 2. Re: How to delete or disable managed Tasks?
            susja

All set,

Thanks a lot

• 3. Re: How to delete or disable managed Tasks?
              susja

Well ... something strange happened. I deleted all Tasks as you suggested but after ~ 4 hours noticed that they are back.

Those tasks were (managed). My PC is located in isolated environment. I did not enable back 'Access protection'. That's strange.

I deleted all Tasks again but this time enabled back 'Access protection'.

Will see tomorrow if  they came back...

• 4. Re: How to delete or disable managed Tasks?
                llamamecomoquieras

Hi Susja,

Please check where the agent is pointing if ePO or http/FTP? If you delete the tasks it shouldn't appear again...

Go to VSE console and then Tools. Click on "Edit AutoUpdate Repository List..."

2.jpg

It will appears a Windows like this that it will indicate where the VSE is pointing to

3.jpg

Best regards,

Jose Maria

• 5. Re: How to delete or disable managed Tasks?
                  susja

Well ... this morning I realized that all Tasks were created again.

Then I checked as you suggested ... and found that "Edit AutoUpdate Repository List..." has tens of repositories enabled.

I disabled all repositories and started scan again. Hope it will no appear again.

BTW ... when the scan completed I noticed that Task was still in 'Running ..' State and Task was 'open'. When I clicked on 'Close' Task has changed to 'normal' and Task was closed. My question: what/where option in Console/Task I should select in order when Task completes user will not see open Task and it returns to 'normal' State?

Practically I am planning to shut down all my PC's after scan hence it will close everything but I think it should be this option in settings as well.

One more thing: I do remember that somewhere I saw the option to execute command after scan completed. I suppose that I could specify the option to shut down PC but can't find this option anymore

Could you please remind me where is the option to force PC shutdown after the scan?

Thanks again.