1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2014 4:09 PM by SafeBoot

McAfee Drive Encryption 7.1.0 PBA password multiple computers

pascal_beks

Hi All,

I have a question that this community probably can help me out with.

For a customer we are in the testing fase of McAfee Drive Encryption 7.1.0.

Scenario:

McAfee EPO 4.6 is used the manage/deploy Drive Encryption for Windows 7 client computers.

Single Sign On will not be used for Drive Encryption.

EE:ALDU (Add all previous and current domain users of the system) is enabled in the Drive Encryption Product Settings policy

When I want to deploy DE to a computer/user I tag the system for the deployment of the DE software, add the user to a AD group and enable the UBP. All is going well. Drive Encryption installs/activates and PBA is activated. The user enters his username (created by ALDU) and the  initial password and DE prompts to change it. No problem sofar.

But what will happen in the following scenario? The user has a second Windows 7 computer also tagged for installation of Drive Encryption. Because the user will also use the same AD account on this second computer, DriveEncryption will install and activcate. He enters the AD account (same as other computer) as username for PBA and the initial password and is prompted to change. The Windows 7 OS boots.

My Question: Will the PBA password for this user "sync" between these two computers? How does this mechanism, if any, work?

I tested it in a lab and my conclusion was that different passwords can co-exist for an PBA account based on the same AD account.

However an end-user reports that it will only  work if he sets up the PBA password the same for both computers.

So I have 2 different results here. What am I missing?

Hope someone can help.

If any more information is needed, let me know.

Kind regards,

Pascal