4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2014 5:13 AM by darrenw

Agent Handler in ePO console displays Agent Count of zero

darrenw

Hello,

I have set up a new Agent Handler in a remote site, the setup process was the same as with the other 7 or 8 AH's in our estate.

However, this one will not register any devices to it in the ePO console. The Agent Count remains at zero.

I have used in the setup the option 'Use ePO Server's database credentials'.

The account used has full permissions to the database.

On the problem AH in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Agent Handler\DB\Logs it is missing EpeEventHandler, EpePolicyHandler, and eventparser_backup log files. Not sure if this points to anything relevant, just a slight difference in folder contents..?!

Can anyone suggest what else to try, or to check as the installation of the AH to this server has been done several times.

Thanks/

• 1. Re: Agent Handler in ePO console displays Agent Count of zero
          Laszlo G

This might be a silly question but did you set an assigment rule for this Agent Handler? Or do you use a rule that uses any of them? If you can see the AH under ePO then you shouldn't have communication problems but you can check the orion.log (on the AH) and see what happens

• 2. Re: Agent Handler in ePO console displays Agent Count of zero
            darrenw

Hi Laszlo G,

Thank you for the reply. I marked this answered last week as I got the issue resolved, but I noticed the resolution I found did not save!

Anyway, in answer to your question and to state my resolution....

Yes I set an Assignment Rule for the AH - to match all existing AH assignment rules. We use the Agent handler at the remote site first then the ePO server second in the list.

I resolved the issue by removing the AH installation to the remote server. Removed the AH assignment from ePO - this would of removed any entry to the AH assignment from the SQL database.

The problem remote site had an AH and was working correctly with ePO. Several weeks ago the IT Admins Team at the remote site decommissioned that sever! I think the ePO SQL database still held a reference to the previous server and this was the reson the Agent count of zero was always displayed.

I re-installed the AH, recreated the AH Assignment, enabled the AH in ePO.

Bingo! Agent count registering devices.

Lesson learnt about removal and decommission of a server and AH! With hindsight, uninstall the AH first before decommission..

Regards,

Darren

• 3. Re: Agent Handler in ePO console displays Agent Count of zero
              Laszlo G

Lesson learnt about removal and decommission of a server and AH! With hindsight, uninstall the AH first before decommission..

Regards,

Darren

You're right, when you uninstall an AH it sends an event to the ePO server telling that he is not available anymore, otherwise it will still appear as active/inactive but without handling any computer

• 4. Re: Agent Handler in ePO console displays Agent Count of zero
                darrenw

thanks for the replies and info Laszlo G.

Hopefully this thread may be of use to someone else too in future who has a similar issue?!

Regards,

Darren