1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2014 7:51 AM by brentil

NES 10 manual removal?

brentil

I had taken part in the NES 10 beta program and now I'm trying to remove it from my system.  I've posted in that beta forum but I've gotten no response yet.

Are there documented manual removal steps for NES 10?  The uninstaller process failed for me so I now have a partially uninstalled NES 10 beta preventing my machine from being able to have the new version installed.

• 1. Re: NES 10 manual removal?
          brentil

I attempted to use the MVSUninst application but it does not think I have a product installed.

Starting MVSUninst...

Uninstalling newer product

MVSUninst: Product Not Installed. Aborting [MVSUninst]

• 2. Re: NES 10 manual removal?
            bnm-it

We are in the same, however we were not in the beta program.  McAfee posted the version 10 install halfway through our deployment of SaaS.  4 installs hung at 25% and never completed.  No we cannot install or remove it.  This has been an issue for about 2 weeks.  We have had second tier remote assist twice with no luck.  Our case was punted to the next level support 2 days ago. I am supposed to hear back today.  This is our first time using McAfee products and unfortunately I am not feeling good about our choice.

• 3. Re: NES 10 manual removal?
              brentil

I've been managing and running their products in the Enterprise for 14 years now and overall we've been happy with the products.  I just think the NES 10 was pushed too quickly to SaaS as there is still a need for more documentation and knowledge about it.  Please reply back if they give you an answer on how to remove it.  I've removed VSE/HIPS/SAE+ manually but I had well written KB articles to help me with that, so far I can't find anything like that here.

• 4. Re: NES 10 manual removal?
                bnm-it

Will do.

• 5. Re: NES 10 manual removal?
                  ckundapu

Thanks for the feedback and for participating in McAfee Beta . I apologize for the trouble and as a team we are working on the uninstall utility that should be able to remove any traces of previous install and bad installs . We should have this ready within a week or two

However , if you would like Support to reach out to you and help with manual uninstall and cleaning of the systems , please message me your Security Center ID and phone number. I will have someone reach out to you at the earliest

Regards

Chandan Kundapur

• 6. Re: NES 10 manual removal?
                    ckundapu

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback . Before deploying McAfee ENS 10.0 we had tested the application extensively and also had a world wide Beta program where the application was tested on the field . We did not encounter the install issue then. However , a couple of such instances have cropped up on the field recently since release .

As a team , we are working on fixing the install issue ASAP. Could you please let me know your SR number so that I can follow up with support on this ? Would you be willing to let our Engineering team to remote login into your machines so that we can troubleshoot the issue more effectively ? This can be done at a time that's convenient for you

Regards

Chandan Kundapur

• 7. Re: NES 10 manual removal?
                      brentil

According to the Message system I can't message you because you're not in my friends list...

• 8. Re: NES 10 manual removal?
                        ckundapu

Please E-Mail me at "chandan_kundapur@mcafee.com"

• 9. Re: NES 10 manual removal?
                          ckundapu

Hi , Did you mail me the detail ? Asking since I didn't see any mail and I want to make sure that I didn't miss it

1 2 Previous Next