3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2014 8:58 PM by catdaddy

while scanning got server error

tamil

I canceled scanning (full scan) when it was 99%.

After i updated Chrome and Fire Fox browser then i did scan after 99% i got server error "sever Script, line 56: attempt to index global 'DBRFactorySetupVersionResult' (a nil value)" after 10 minutes it completed the scanning.

Some my friends played with my Computer for a day. (1 month before)

After i suspect my computer got malware/virus some thing. my system is not behaving like before, If i close second tab browser moves to different position and it becomes customized size. (FF and Chrome)

My virus scan is not detecting any.

OS windows 8.1

McAfee Anti-Virus and Spy-ware = Version 16.8

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: while scanning got server error
          k3tg

I suggest you check to see if you are up to date with all Microsoft updates and any additional ones such as Adobe or Java and also make sure your Internet Explorer is up to date as well even if you choose to use another browser. McAfee relies on IE to run which is why I mentioned it.

Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools has some excellent programs to check for virus and malware issues. I recommend McAfee Stinger and Getsusp to check for infections. You may also want to run Malwarebytes (free version)

Try also to run http://mvt.mcafee.com to scan for any McAfee related issues

Let us know how what problem(s) you find and if they have been solved

Tom K3TG

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

• 2. Re: while scanning got server error
            catdaddy

Moved appropriately to Virus Scan- By Moderator

• 3. Re: while scanning got server error
              catdaddy

tamil,

If the reason you (Canceled) the Full Scan due to it "Hanging" @ 99% Scanning for Rootkits. Their is a known issue pertaining to this. Should this be the case, in addition to the excellent suggestions mentioned. You can run the following: VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete

I might add if I may, To keep Malwarebytes (Free) DO NOT accept any Free Trial Offers/or activate during the Download/Installation process. The Free Version will suffice, and is an excellent (Compliment) to your Anti-Virus. It is compatible with McAfee, simply update and run the On Demand scan for a second opinion.

( Also Please enter your Email Address under "Preferences" before scanning with the Latest McAfee (Getsusp)

All the very best

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products