3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2014 2:59 AM by Troja

Offline policies

j4bz

Is there some way to create offline policies for client without fast connection to the ePO server?

The goal is create a package to send it via email or another, to those systems that no have good connection to the server.

• 1. Re: Offline policies
          JoeBidgood

There's no way to do this that I know of, I'm afraid.

However policies (and tasks) are not very large - certainly not compared to DAT updates, for example - and so generally speaking they don't cause a significant problem.

What sort of bandwidth do these clients have to the ePO server?

Thanks -

Joe

• 2. Re: Offline policies
            j4bz

thanks for reply, is not exactly a bandwidth problem, it was a customer, who for some reason want this kind of functionality, I tried to explain that policies doesn't weigh too much, but really, he wants portable policies.

• 3. Re: Offline policies
              Troja

Hi j4bz,

it depends on the product where you can build a deployment package. This is the only way.

VSE: Installation Designer where you can implement a policy

HIPS: Fresh Installation where you can import the settings with a registry file (IPS must be disabled at this time) and the client control utility.

MAC: You can start s script to add policies to application control.

From a security perspective we need a level of security to avoid "Man-in-the-Middle" attacks to endpoints products. I think McAfee does this job very well.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Thorsten