2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 5:54 PM by xspader

EPO 5.1.1 Sytem Tree sorting

xspader

Morning/Evening All

Got an oddity where we sync the system tree with AD, and although we are only exclusing empty containers I still have systems go to lost and found. I have verified that they are in a synced OU, they are communicating daily (many are servers) and I cannot see any tasks or anything that is causing this behaviour.

I could be missing something so ideas on where to look would be appreciated

• 1. Re: EPO 5.1.1 Sytem Tree sorting
          mcg

xspader,

With what you have given thus far, this is a long shot.  I'm not sure if this will help or not, but the thing that comes to my mind would be to have you verify that you do not have conflicting sort criteria.

Assumptions:

Sync type: Active Directory

Synchronize: Systems and container structure

Systems elsewhere in the tree: Move systems from their current System tree location to the synchronized group.

AD domain: You are utilizing an AD server that is a Global Catalog

If you could give us some more info, we may be able to better help you?

Some questions:

1.) Has this ever worked correctly?

2.) Is there any commonality to the systems that do go to L&F? (e.g., same IP subnet, same role, similar naming convention, etc...)

That should get us started.

Regards,

Mark

• 2. Re: EPO 5.1.1 Sytem Tree sorting
            xspader

Hi Mark

sorry for the lack of info was waiting on hold with McAfee over an Encryption issue....anyway

Assumptions:

Sync type: Active Directory Correct

Synchronize: Systems and container structure Correct

Systems elsewhere in the tree: Move systems from their current System tree location to the synchronized group. Correct

AD domain: You are utilizing an AD server that is a Global Catalog Correct

The system here before was a single sync and then manually updated, when I enable system tree sorting on the clients that are synced they all go to L&F when they check in, and any system that has system tree sorting enabled will seem to go to L&F when thwey check in after a sync.

The sync is happening in a group created under My Org.

So this is a new group with a new Sync and it hasnt worked properly since it was setup. I'm just going to reset the sorting status to allowed and resync AD to see what happens.

I've also checked tasks and there is nothing there to resort the systems based on tags, IP address, names or anything so I can only think there is something squiffy witht the sync process.