9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 4:25 PM by Peacekeeper

McAfee Update Launcher has stopped working

deckerdd

Every day I see the attached error.  And twice now I allowed service techs from McAfee remotely access my system and run checks.  Each time they told me this was fixed and yet every day it comes back. Any assistance will be appreciated.

• 1. Re: McAfee Update Launcher has stopped working
          Peter M

Moved to General Discussion.    Is your Internet connection always on?   I doubt there's much we can suggest here that support wouldn't already have thought of, but there would be no harm in asking them to escalate the issue to a higher level.

• 2. Re: McAfee Update Launcher has stopped working
            deckerdd

Internet connection is always on... And they tell me I am on the latest version so it is merely an inconvenience at this point.  Thanks for your help. 

I guess I'll just buy something that works. No time to play games with their level one(more like one-half) service techs. It is bad enough you have to run that stupid virtual technician thing to even contact them. I have been in IT support for 30 years and never seen more walls put up between the problem and those with the answers.

Sorry just venting...

• 3. Re: McAfee Update Launcher has stopped working
              Peter M

Well good luck with other software as I think support is more or less the same for all.

Make sure your system is totally updated and, even though you may not use it, that IE is totally updated to the latest version as the software interface uses it.

• 4. Re: McAfee Update Launcher has stopped working
                deckerdd

Thanks.. .I have the other guys at the corporate office and on all other machines in my life (totally 65 units) except this one. I only use McAfee because this PC came with it pre-installed and until this problem it has worked just fine. And for the record I am not a fan of IE either.

Again thanks for the quick replies.  I would have thought they would want to solve the problem I am experiencing to possibly sway another customer to use their products.  Of course I realize that is not on you. 

Take it easy.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue please feel free to elaborate.

• 5. Re: McAfee Update Launcher has stopped working
                  Peter M

Corporate Support can't help with Consumer products, likewise Consumer support can't help with Enterprise.  Totally different products.

• 6. Re: McAfee Update Launcher has stopped working
                    deckerdd

I understand that.  What I was saying is a competing brand is installed on all other PC's that I support / use personally.  This will be switched as well due to lack of support.

You have been responsive and it is appreciated but the answer still eludes us.

Thanks again

Anyone else?

• 7. Re: McAfee Update Launcher has stopped working
                      Peter M

You seem resigned to giving up on support.  As I said, cases can always be escalated on request, but of course it's your decision.

If you wish I can ask someone from support to speak to this thread.

• 8. Re: McAfee Update Launcher has stopped working
                        deckerdd

Not giving up... fed up.  I have spent enough time on two separate sessions with them. Each session I have to start over with the VT and re-explain everything to the low level guy asking me if I know where my escape key is (figuratively of course).  I understand the problem is mine to report but why is it on me to fix the process?   This issue should be escalated the minute the tech cannot find anything wrong.

So far all they have done is fumble about on my PC and tell me I have the latest version and all is well so I can ignore the problem.  At least the last guy actually loaded something that looked like an update but the version did not change and the problem persists so forgive me for being skeptical.

If you can have an experienced tech check this thread that may be helpful, but I am not interested in starting over with a low level time waster.

Once again thank you for your time and attempts to assist me.  It is appreciated

• 9. Re: McAfee Update Launcher has stopped working
                          Peacekeeper

To help the more experienced tech can you post the session job numbers that you were given for the calls?