8 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2015 10:45 AM by sos2000

McAfee Endpoint Security 10.0 (ENS 10.0) - New version of SaaS endpoint

ckundapu

Hello,

If you have installed SaaS endpoint in the last few days , you would have observed that all new installs get the latest upgraded version of SaaS endpoint - McAfee ENS 10.0 . Want to know if anyone here has installed this version and if you have any feedback around the product

We will , over time , upgrade all existing SaaS endpoint 6.x version to the ENS 10.0

Regads

Product Management team
      SaaS Endpoint

McAfee

• 1. Re: McAfee Endpoint Security 10.0 (ENS 10.0) - New version of SaaS endpoint
          bryan12345

An announcement that this was coming would have been nice . . . would have been better than just having it show up.

Where is the manual?  When I try to refer to the manual at www.mcafeeasap.com, it produces the 2012 version.  Which is useless with this version.

The manual would be nice as I can't log into a client as Administrator.  I can log into mcafeeasap just fine, as well as on my older clients.  However, I get a bad password error when I try to log in as Administrator on any of the new clients.

I tried calling McAfee "Gold" Support, but sat on hold over an hour on two different occasions.  That's "GOLD" support?

Suggestions on how to log into these new clients???

• 2. Re: McAfee Endpoint Security 10.0 (ENS 10.0) - New version of SaaS endpoint
            ckundapu

Hello Bryan ,

Thanks for the feedback .

We did have a notification out on the Security Center for over a month . However , this evidently wasn;t enough and I will work to have a new notification out which will contain the details on the release and the product

The guide for ENS 10.0 can for now be accessed at McAfee KnowledgeBase - Endpoint Security 10.0 Product Guide  . We will update this ASAP on the portal . The password to unlock the client and to uninstall the software can be managed through the Security Center policy . The default password for your account(Which will be your McAfee Security Center Company Key) would alse be mentioned there in the policy page . Please let me know if you have any issues accessing this further.

The password protected client and uninstall were provided to prevent unauthorized access and unintsall of the softwares . We do have an option where the admin can change this to full access to the end user - Again policy managed . I would like your feedback here please on whether these settings are not intuitive enough and what you would like changed . Or would you prefer that no password be required by default and you as the admin will make this password controlled when necessary

When you tried reaching out to support, I do apologise for the delay . Our usual time to reach support is < 3 minutes. Were you able to speak with someone from support and do you have a SR number ? I can definitely look into the call delay if you can provide this please . Also , please do let me know if you would like someone from support reach out to you for any additional help ( Please IM me your Security Center mail ID , if you do ).

Thanks again for your time and if you have any additional feedback , I am all ears

Regards
            Chandan Kundapur

• 3. Re: McAfee Endpoint Security 10.0 (ENS 10.0) - New version of SaaS endpoint
              bryan12345

Chandran,

Thanks for the quick response.  I was able to reach tech support today and resolved the issue.  Your post also addressed the problem.

My issue was that the admin login changed from using your e-mail address and password with the older client to using the company key with the new client.  I'm not quite sure how I was supposed to figure this out on my own and would think others will have this issue as well.  I read through the manual for v10, and this change in login procedure isn't mentioned.  In fact, if you search the entire pdf for "company key" you will get zero hits.

In any event, I am set.  Hopefully if others are equally confused, they'll find this post.

• 4. Re: McAfee Endpoint Security 10.0 (ENS 10.0) - New version of SaaS endpoint
                ckundapu

Hi Bryan ,

Thank you . I will check on the pdf .  We should have made a better job of communicating this change and I will ensure that take steps towards this at the earliest

If you have any other issues with the product or would like to provide any feedback around it , please do reach out to me . You can either message me here or drop me a note at chandan_kundapur@mcafee.com

Thanks for your time again

Regards
                Chandan

• 5. Re: McAfee Endpoint Security 10.0 (ENS 10.0) - New version of SaaS endpoint
                  westmilford

I've been testing ENS 10.0 three Win 7x64 with IE11 PC's and have had a few issues....On all three the following is occurring...

1. The add on for the Web Control Toolbar will not enable. Only Mcafee Endpoint Security Script Protection enables. Manually trying to enable does nothing.
                  2. Why are there two different manual updating options  (Right click Mcafee tray icon select "Update Security" & Mcafee Endpoint Security Panel "Update Now" What is the difference?
                  3. Mcfee agent build number does not always report to Security Center.
                  4. PC's don't seem to be updating their DAT files in a timely manner...and sometimes don't report their dat version's in a timely manner to the Security Center especially after a manual update.
                  • 6. Re: McAfee Endpoint Security 10.0 (ENS 10.0) - New version of SaaS endpoint
                    ckundapu

Thanks for the feedback

1. Is the Web Control not enabled on IE 11 ? You will need to manually "permit" it to be enabled on IE 11 as IE considers this as an application to be run .  We are aware of one issue where Web Control would intermittently stop working on IE . We are fixing this as a priority with our next Hotfix

2. The update option on the ENS client updates the content and policies for ENS client only . The "Update Security" option on the tray icon will update the content for all the McAfee application running on that system . Many of the larger customers use endpoint, encryption and a host of other McAfee products . Update Security will act as a one stop update button for such users

3 and 4 : Could you please confirm that this is the case . We haven't had reports of this previously . Did you try reaching support on this ?

If you could please mail me at Chandan_kundapur@mcafee.com , I can communicate with you through mail as well if that works better for you

Thanks for your time

Thanks

Chandan

• 7. Re: McAfee Endpoint Security 10.0 (ENS 10.0) - New version of SaaS endpoint
                      ckundapu

*  Update on ENS 10.0 default client password *

Based on the feedback received from users, we have modified the default password of ENS 10.0 client . The password is now "mcafee" and not the Company Key . This password can still be customized based on your needs through Security Centre policies

• 8. Re: McAfee Endpoint Security 10.0 (ENS 10.0) - New version of SaaS endpoint
                        sos2000

Several months are passed but it seems that automatically the new 10 version saas is not upgraded.

This means that we need to unistall the previous version and to install from SasS to be sure to have the last one version ?