2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2014 2:49 PM by avictor

Unable to load splash screen

avictor

Hello everyone,

Up until recently I was able to log into https://localhost:8443/core/orionSplashScreen.go without any issues. Recently that hasn't been the case and I am unable to load the screen previously mentioned and unable to load any other site such as /core/config/. Would anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem? I have attached my orion.log file in hopes that someone knows the answer.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Unable to load splash screen
          fitchsoccer342

Parsing through your log real quickly I notice that ePO cannot establish a connection with the DB.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Error creating bean with name 'core.db' defined in URL [jndi:/localhost/core/WEB-INF/beans.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.Database]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your issue is definitely that ePO can't comm with the DB, I would try a few quick things:

1. Are you able to restart the McAfee services and nav to https://localhost:8447/core/config-auth? Try by hostname instead of localhost also. If you can get there, configure the DB settings..

2. Make sure SQL Server and SQL Agent services are running?

3. Can you open SSMS and try logging into SQL with the SQL authentication your using for ePO? Otherwise create a new user and associated it with the ePO DB, then once you can get to core/config, enter the new user in there.

• 2. Re: Unable to load splash screen
            avictor

Restarting McAfee services resolved the problem.

Thank you so much for your help, I am now able to log into EPO.