2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2014 11:16 AM by roadwarrior

selective masquerading

roadwarrior

Hi,

i'd need to understand if it is possible to use masquerading in a selective way.

i use a meg appliance to manage a domain, mydomain.com, and a subdomain, mysubdomain.mydomain.com.

Subdomain is used only for traffic in tls from and towards a particular external subdomain, exsubdomain.exdomain.com.

My need is this:

when an account on mydomain.com, for example myaccount@mydomain.com, sends a mail to exsubdomain.exdomain.com, outgoing mail has to be trasformed in a way that the sender is changed in myaccount@mysubdomain.mydomain.com; when the account myaccount@mydomain.com sends mail to other destinations, no sender change is required. So a selective sender address rewriting from @mydomain.com to @mysubdomain.mydomain.com is required.

I tried to use classic masquerading configuration but i have seen that in this way all outgoing traffic is affected by masquerading, not only traffic towards exsubdomain.exdomain.com as required.

So i tried to use a custom protocol preset, but because my appliance is in explicit proxy mod it is not possibile to use criteria as destination mail address, destination ip address or  destination host name.

Thanks