2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2014 10:21 AM by Peter M

Warning Message Persists

jgrove4005

I've recently begun getting the warning message "Potentially Unwanted Program Blocked" and all my attempts to deal with it have failed. It apparently results from a program named "Adware-BProtect" being installed on my system and McAfee Total Protection claims it can not be removed.  The warning message gives me three options -- 'Remove', 'Allow' or 'Close'.  Seemingly, 'Remove' is not an option since I've been told it can not be removed and my attempts to do so have not been successful.  If I select 'Allow' I'm told the warning message will not be shown again until the offending program is removed from the 'allow list.'  In spite of this, the warning continues to be displayed periodically and randomly to the point where it becomes complete and total nuisance.  How might I disable the warning message as the 'Allow' would seem to be intended to do?  Has anyone experienced this and/or have any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Warning Message Persists
          catdaddy

Please try the following Removal Guide: Remove Protected Surf adware (Virus Removal Guide)

To keep Malwarebytes (Free) DO NOT accept the Free Trial Offers/or Activate through-out the Download/Installation Process.

You may find the following Document/Article most informative : PUPs - Potentially Unwanted Programs - Basics

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Consumer Products

• 2. Re: Warning Message Persists
            Peter M

jgrove4005 wrote:

I've recently begun getting the warning message "Potentially Unwanted Program Blocked" and all my attempts to deal with it have failed. It apparently results from a program named "Adware-BProtect" being installed on my system and McAfee Total Protection claims it can not be removed.  The warning message gives me three options -- 'Remove', 'Allow' or 'Close'.  Seemingly, 'Remove' is not an option since I've been told it can not be removed and my attempts to do so have not been successful.  If I select 'Allow' I'm told the warning message will not be shown again until the offending program is removed from the 'allow list.'  In spite of this, the warning continues to be displayed periodically and randomly to the point where it becomes complete and total nuisance.  How might I disable the warning message as the 'Allow' would seem to be intended to do?  Has anyone experienced this and/or have any suggestions?

Note that this group has nothing to do with the subject you are posting about but unfortunately we don't have the authority to move it, but it would normally have gone here:  Home User Assistance

I will ask an Admin to move it there.