1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2014 8:18 PM by Moni Dp

McAffee AV stuck and frozen.  Firewall deactivated on its own.  Please, help.

Moni Dp

Please help!

This morning I was surfing the web with no problem.

Some hours later I started a security scan.

All of a sudden McAffee gave me a warning that it had caught a Trojan but I didn't have to do anything myself.

The message appeared green, not red.

A while later I realized it only scanned a bit more than 9000 files.

It got stuck there.

It is still stuck after 5 hours.

I got scared thinking about the trojan and downloaded Stinger to see if somehow the trojan managed to escape.

It's been more than 2 hours.  Stinger got stuck after checking only 90 something files.

Then I checked McAffee and the whole program is stuck, just telling me the Firewall is disabled (it disabled on its own) and also the Anti-Spam feature.

I don't know what to do.

I am scared.

I checked the Windows Security Center (I am using Vista).   I tried to activate the Windows Firewall but was not able to do it.

Please, help.

I am reading previous questions.  I am thinking probably the trojan affected the computer somehow.  I am able to access the Internet with no problems.  But  I have no security at all.  As Stinger also stopped working I will try to use another program recommended here in the document that has several links regarding to malware.  If I find the trojan I will try to delete it.   My OS is Vista and I am using the most basic McAffee AV as it is included as free download program from my Internet service provider.