2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2014 5:54 AM by catdaddy

Suspicious file names

asafkatz

McAfee Security Scan Plus found some suspicious files in my computer. I sent them to McAfee for analysis.

Where can I find the names of those suspicious files?

• 1. Re: Suspicious file names
          catdaddy

asafkatz,

Are you sure it was McAfee Security Scan Plus? For basically it is a Marketing Tool,that scans your computer making certain you have Anti-Virus Protection. You can safely remove it from your Control Panel/Programs and Features.

If the case may be that it was your Anti-Virus which detected any suspicious files(Artemis!) You can double click on your McAfee icon, go to Navigation ,scroll down to Quarantined and Trusted Items, and (expand) listed areas.

I recommend that you run the Latest McAfee Getsusp Tool. Please remember to add your Email address under "Preferences" before scanning. This Program in itself will detect (Suspicious/Unknown files with-in your system. And automatically will be sent to  the McAfee GTI.

I would follow up with running the Latest McAfee Stinger (Read how to use).

And for a second opinion, you may try Malwarebytes (Free). To keep it Free, DO NOT accept the Free Trial/or activate. It is compatible with McAfee and only a Compliment to your Protection.You can obtain all these (Free) Superb Programs and more in the following link; Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

Should you feel that any software detected is Legitimate. You can follow these Guidelines/Instructions:

What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Moved original thread to Artemis!-Moderator

• 2. Re: Suspicious file names
            catdaddy

asafkatz,

Could you kindly confirm if your issues have been resolved? Or if you need further assistance?

This would go a long way, in assisting us to consider this thread answered.

All the best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator